Are you an experienced, highly motivated, eager for a challenge Senior Sales Manager ready for change? Hyatt Regency North Houston Hotel has an exciting job opportunity available for an energetic, innovative, full-serve hotel experienced Sales Manager!
This hotel completed fantastic renovations in 2017 which in addition to guest rooms, included new carpet, wallcover and an expanded pre-function area for its nearly 30,000 sf of ballroom and meeting space. Join a team of hospitality sales professionals who actively seek new business opportunity, coordinate events of all types and sizes, and work together for dynamic sales goal achievement! The right individual will be counted on to aggressively prospect for new business, personally engage with clients on a daily basis, and cooperatively communicate with hotel team members, to plan and execute top dollar sales function
To sell facilities, services, and staff of the Hotel in accordance with the facilities business/marketing plans in order to meet or exceed budgeted sales department room night and revenue goals.What you will be doing
- Weekly telephone research professionally qualifying all local and regional outside sales calls. Appointments should be made where possible and specific information obtained prior to actual call. This also applies to potential cold calls (non-appointment and scheduled). Responsible decision makers name and potential annual sleeping rooms/hotel revenue should be obtained prior to actual call. Fridays or non "direct selling" times are suggested for this duty.
- Implementation of, unless otherwise specified by Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager, a minimum of 25-30 qualified outside sales calls weekly. Out of town solicitation is also to be made when requested (3-5 day trips).
- Develop and maintain an "active and inactive" trace card file depicting all outside sales and inside sales call activity. In addition, complete and file individual sales call reports in local offices.
- Upon request of clients, and in the absence of appropriate designated sales personnel, book overnight accommodations for corporate transient, corporate groups, and local business contact. Upon return of appropriate personnel communicate clearly all transactions made.
- Correspond with potential customers providing any requested information concerning bids, proposals, confirmation of bookings, thank you letters, follow up letters, etc. In conjunction with other office personnel, maintain accurate and up to date records of all sales department functions and transactions.
- Conduct hotel tours and entertain qualified potential clients in accordance with the company and property policies.
- Review weekly, if not daily, results of all activities completed by the sales coordinator.
- Responsible to the Director of Sales & Marketing for making specific recommendations concerning their individual territories or market segments.
- Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing in the research and development of any annual business or marketing plans directly related to their market segments or territories.
- Submit required monthly/quarterly/annual reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing, General Manager and designated IMPAC personnel.
- Local community involvement as it benefits the hotel, via approved memberships in organizations.
- Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in the development or research of pricing and policies updating.
- Present a clean, pleasant professional image to project a positive polished appearance to potential guests and clients.
- Contribute and work as a "team" member in all facets of the position.
- Perform other services and duties as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing or General Manager. Sales managers may be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to meet all business objectives including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous knowledge of Envision is an advantage.
- Bachelor''s degree preferred.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and highly attainable bonus program
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Greater Greenspoint, Houston, TX, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible