A Steward or Dishwasher is primarily responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all hotel china, silverware, and cookware. This person must have good communication skills and have the ability to lift, pull and push a moderate amount of weight. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.What you will be doing
- Sets up work station as required including filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, setting up flatware presoak, and gathering required set-up equipment for pot sink.
- Rinses/ scrapes all dishes; washes dishes and flatware as each rack is filled; may put clean dishes in assigned storage locations.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after spill, empties and cleans trash cans when they become full.
- Monitors chemicals and water temperature during shift, changes water at specified intervals.
- Cleans kitchen equipment such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills; cleans and organizes storeroom.
- Notifies supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand, bend and stoop repetitively during an eight hour shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively
- Knowledge of dishwashing equipment operation, chemicals and chemical feed equipment
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand basic English
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
IH SERVICES, INCIH Services, Inc., a leading provider of quality facility management services for manufacturing & industrial, distribution, healthcare, commercial, and educational facilities.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible