You’re like magic. You transform empty spaces into settings; and after the event, you make them disappear. You’re happiest juggling at a fast-pace, with a passion to please that equals the need for getting it right. Your sharp eye for detail quickly spots when something’s amiss and when guests have need. A valued team member who smoothly handles the difficult and unexpected, you “get” that your contribution is vital to the event’s success. If you’re up for a challenging, physical role where your relationship skills can develop and shine, consider Interstate’s Banquet Houseperson position.
As Banquet Houseperson, you will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Do your part to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)
- Job type
- Sarasota, FL, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible