Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in stewarding, food and beverage, kitchen maintenance, kitchen operations or similar preferred.
• Previous food and beverage supervisory experience required.
• Knowledge of food and beverage service operation preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand, sit and walk during entire shift.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving issues as necessary.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Keep the executive chef apprised of any employee concerns or issues.
Revised 09/07/2016 Page 2 of 2
• Operate the dish-washing equipment to ensure that all china, glass and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
• Monitor condition and cleanliness of equipment.
• Replace all clean china, glass and silver in its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
• Educate employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
• Inform the executive chef and kitchen management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to security of guests, employees or hotel assets
• Determine the minimum and maximum stock and control the par stocks of all materials and equipment.
• Ensure that all Stewarding personnel fulfill their job functions appropriately.
• Ensure the highest levels of sanitation.
• Ensure the cleanliness of all facilities and equipment.
• Be familiar with the hotel''s emergency procedures.
• Work closely with Engineering department and schedule preventative maintenance work.
• Maintain costs by minimizing breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage.
• Ensure the proper handling of all chemicals.
• Conduct and attend meetings as necessary.
• Assist with other duties as needed which may include but is not limited to providing assistance with food dish-up, completing set-up sheets, etc.
• Maintain open communication with other departments.
• Performs other activities as assigned
• Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
• Assist in maintaining the order and cleanliness of all storage areas.
• Assist in the set up and breakdown of the Cafe buffet as required.
• Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass and silver as required by business demand.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Schaumburg, IL, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible