What you will be doing
- Using the kitchen manual regarding recipe samples and all preparation methods.
- Demonstrating safe and proper use of the equipment at all times.
- Performing duties in a safe manner.
- Reducing waste to a minimum.
- Practicing basic sanitation, stock rotation and refrigeration cleanliness.
- Keeping all work areas clean and tidy.
- Demonstrating proper production of food items, working efficiently to achieve maximum productivity.
- Preparing cold food items while adhering to recipe file, monitoring taste and visual appearance.
- Proficiently performing duties on cold entree lines, as well as duties involving food preparation.
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating all products while maintaining assigned stock levels.
- Controlling food items requested, ensuring stock is maintained without over production.
- Notifying Outlet Manager of storeroom requisitions needed for all products the day before their delivery.
- Attending department pre-shift meetings to review job list for daily food production.
- Cooking or otherwise preparing food according to recipe.
- Cutting, trimming and boning meats and poultry for cooking.
The ideal candidate for this position
- College course work in related field helpful.
- 1- 2 years experience in a prep cook position, preferably in an outlet of similar size and nature.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of colleagues and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and colleagues in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Paid PTO
- Competitive Health/Vision/Life Insurance/401K offered
- Hyatt Colleague & Auro Hotels Associate Discount
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Cumberland, Marietta, GA, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible