The purpose of a Front Office Manager is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for service.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization''s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
• Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Auro Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
• Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Responsible for IT/Internet/AV support for the property
o Ability to manage hardware issues on site
o Support groups with minor AV issues i.e.: internet access, hardware issues, etc. Fleet Management including preventive maintenance
- · Development on new fleet schedules which may include routes to the Silver Line and on call pickups for airlines.
- · Budget and Forecasting
- · Blocking the Hotel based on SPG preferences
- · Collaboration with Housekeeping and Engineering
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the overall guest service of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Front Desk operation
• Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy
• Supervises day to day activities of front desk, bell, and van drivers staff
• Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
• Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides outstanding customer service and teamwork
• Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
• Prepares payroll and schedules are required; monitors actual vs. budget payroll activities
• Works side by side with front desk associates when necessary to provide outstanding guest service; works scheduled Manager on Duty shifts on a weekly basis
• Coordinates Front Desk work with other departments: Housekeeping, Engineering, Banquets, etc
• Participates in daily Yield Management Meetings
• Insures that all employees follow safety rules and procedures and takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work area
• Coordinates the collection and submission of hotel news to the quarterly Auro Hotels Associate newsletter
• Maintains proper front desk supplies inventory, conducts inventories as assigned and recommends purchase of products (remaining within budget)
• Confers closely with GM/AGM at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for Auro Hotels.
• Projects a favorable image of Auro Hotels to the public at all times.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
• Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
• Completes Departmental, Auro Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
• Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College degree in Hotel Administration; 2-3 years hotel management/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License (anyone driving a Company vehicle or required to drive as a part of their job); Others required by Brand Standard and/or State Law.
As required by Brand Standard and Company standards
Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or associates. Ability to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic to complex math problems.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the associate may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The associate is frequently required to talk and/or hear. The associate is constantly required to walk and stand, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer. The associate is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to: viewing a computer terminal, and reading.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Cumberland, Marietta, GA, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible