The purpose of the Front Desk Supervisor is to coordinate front office activities of the hotel and resolve problems arising from guests'' complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization''s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.The ideal candidate for this position
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing AURO Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
- Supervise the Front Desk, Bell Stand, Valet, Drivers, PBX Operators and Night Audit to insure guests receive outstanding customer service in all areas of the hotel.
- Speak, read, write, and understand English in order to interact with guests, staff, handle administrative duties, etc.
- Manage multiple activities often in stressful situations.
- Works with associates to provide outstanding customer service to guests.
- Read, understand, interpret, and make decisions regarding information found in a variety of related reports, financial statements, and other internal and external correspondence.
- Possess strong working knowledge of hotel operations and front office management as well as a strong working knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Ability to negotiate with confidence and to persuasively resolve guest issues.
- Communicate and counsel associates as necessary.
- Compose and express thoughts, both verbally and in writing, in a clear, professional manner to ensure effective communications.
- Organize oneself, one’s work, and the efforts of others and be attentive to detail.
- Make effective judgments on the various components of the position and the property and to effectively solve guest and operational problems.
- Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for AURO Hotels.
- Projects a favorable image of AURO Hotels to the public at all times.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Treats guests, vendors, customers and co‐workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Completes Departmental, AURO Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
College degree preferred; High School Diploma and/or 2‐3 years’ front desk supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Cumberland, Marietta, GA, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible