Hyatt Regency Sydney is the largest upscale full service hotel in Australia with a total of 892 rooms. The hotel also features our Regency club lounge, Fitness Centre, 272 seat all-day dining restaurant, a rooftop bar with panoramic views of Darling Harbour and 3,700 square meters of new state-of-the-art meeting facilities.
Hyatt Regency has various kitchens to suit our multiple outlets including Banquets, In Room Dining, Restaurant and Pastry. Our Zephyr Bar and Regency Club will also have a kitchen for chefs to rotate between.
Our production team is capable of catering to over 3000 covers per day in a variety of events with a variety of cuisine! The Sailmaker Restaurant is a 272-seat restaurant serving a busy buffet breakfast and a recently launched exciting new table concept in addition to the A la carte menu with an Australian/Asian-inspired fare.
The exciting challenge of our kitchen team is the ability to rotate between the various kitchens to learn a different service style, various menus and work with different teams. This will allow you to challenge yourself and try something new!
Being a Commis chef in our kitchen team will give you the ability to rotate between the various kitchens to learn a different service style, various menus and work with different teams. This will allow you to challenge yourself and try something new!
• Preparation and production of dishes to the highest possible standard
• Ensure proper cleanliness and hygiene procedures
• Assist in supporting other members of the kitchen team
To be Successful
• Full time commitment of 38-45 hours per week
• Australian Chef Qualifications- Minimum Cert 3 in Commercial Cookery
• Ability to work a 7 day rotating roster
• Team player
• Energetic, passionate and flexible
• Willing to learn and expand knowledge
• Full Australian work rights
- Job type
- North Sydney, Australia
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract