At Hyatt, we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, to enable us to design and deliver personal experiences.
Hyatt Regency Sydney is the largest upscale full service hotel in Australia with a total of 892 rooms. The hotel also features our Regency club lounge, Fitness Centre, 272 seat all-day dining restaurant, a rooftop bar with panoramic views of Darling Harbour and 3,700 square meters of new state-of-the-art meeting facilities.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Hotel Manager will consistently demonstrate sound leadership and a professional image to colleagues, guests, local community representatives, suppliers and competitors. This senior position requires a hands on, entrepreneur who has the opportunity to make an impact on the overall operation and success of the hotel. This is truly an exciting role where two days will never be the same!
The Hotel Manager will support the operations team to drive revenue and profit, whilst maintaining company standards for guest satisfaction, colleague engagement, quality assurance and asset protection. A focus for this position is on leading colleagues as a manager, coach and mentor, with the aim of consistently driving guest satisfaction.
Benefits for working with Hyatt include:
• A competitive salary and associated benefits
• Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Terms and Conditions apply)
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Discounted accommodation rates for colleagues, as well as friends and family
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management (or related discipline)
• A drive for results through proven varied (front and back of house) management experiences within leadership positions, in a similar 5 star hotel or resort environment
• Effective time management skills to meet commitments across multiple departments, priorities and deadlines
• Financial acumen required to work with, understand and make decisions based on financial information and data
• A customer focus, with proven ability to impact guest service results/colleague satisfaction
• Excellent communication skills to convey information and ideas clearly, both verbal and written
• Effective listening skills to understand issues and work toward problem resolution
• Experience working with Opera, Reserve and Micros-Fidelio will be advantageous
- Job type
- North Sydney, Australia
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract