At Hyatt, we care for people so they can be their best. Care comes from an authentic place of empathy and human connection. We do this by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals, to enable us to design and deliver personal experiences.
Hyatt Regency Sydney is the largest upscale full service hotel in Australia with a total of 892 rooms. The hotel also features our Regency club lounge, Fitness Centre, 272 seat all-day dining restaurant, a rooftop bar with panoramic views of Darling Harbour and 3,700 square meters of new state-of-the-art meeting facilities.
You will join and lead an energetic and passionate team of housekeepers at the Hyatt Regency Sydney. As a leader in our busy Housekeeping team, you will assist the Housekeeping Manager in the smooth running of the hotel.
You will be responsible for daily allocations of duties across the team, inspection of guest rooms and public areas, supporting the team operationally and maintaining high standards of hotel cleanliness and productivity. It will be critical that you have a strong focus on developing your team to create a positive and productive work environment; building, motivating and upskilling them to ensure they are highly engaged and deliver results.
• To manage the day to day Housekeeping Operations of the hotel in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager
• Daily room inspections as well as public area inspections
• Oversee daily on the job training for all cleaning employees
• Ensuring sufficient staffing is provided in all sections of the department
• Creating roster for all housekeeping staff, liaising with hotel management regarding special staffing requirements
Our Expectations include:
• Previous experience as Housekeeping Assistant Manager
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure
• Availability to work a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
• Strong eye for detail; an ability to follow procedures and set the standards for cleanliness
• Full Australian work rights are essential
Benefits for working with Hyatt Include
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Just some of our associate benefits include:
• Complimentary accommodation at selected Hyatt properties worldwide (Terms and Conditions apply)
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Discounted accommodation rates for associates as well as friends and family
• Discounted city car parking
• Fully laundered uniforms
- Job type
- North Sydney, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract