Job Title: Assistant Banquet Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Banquet Manager and/or Food & Beverage Manager
Supervises: Banquet Servers, Banquet Set-up
Job Description Date: April 10, 2018
Job Purpose: To fill a leadership role in supporting the hotel’s financial goals through daily management of the banquet department. To ensure the highest quality of product and guest satisfaction, maximizing revenues and profitability.
1. Ensure the efficient running of the department in line with corporate strategies and brand standards, while meeting employee, guest and ownership expectations.
2. Ensure proper services to our guests through attention to detail, with integrity, pride and intensity.
3. Request additional staffing as required by banquet schedule. Direct setting up of tables, decorations, and instruct work expectations for each function.
4. Meet with function group leaders to determine last minute changes and discuss various set-up arrangements.
5. Ensure proper service to clients during the banquet.
6. Ensure proper cleaning of all equipment after function is completed.
7. Supervise assigned banquet personnel: hiring, terminating, training and developing.
8. Ensure guests are greeted in a friendly and warm manner. Observe guests throughout function to ensure functions success.
9. Assist personnel in setting up a function room to the desired specifications set forth by the sales office.
10. Aides in the operation of banquet department.
11. Ensures banquet check control.
12. Actively participates in room set-up and service.
13. Inventories all equipment.
14. Displays awareness and compliance with security, safety, emergency procedures.
15. Responsible for overall operation of department in Banquet Managers absence.
16. Promote hotel values that ensure delivery of the highest standards of both guest and associate satisfaction.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
2. Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information.
3. Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
4. Understand government regulations covering business operations.
5. Make business decisions based on production reports, similar facts, and experience.
6. Deal with the public, customers, employees, and government officials with tact and courtesy.
7. Plan and organize the work of others.
8. Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education High School Diploma or Undergraduate in Hospitality or Business Management preferred
Experience 2 years supervisory experience in banquet operations with 3 years hotel operations experience; OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications None required
- Job type
- Westlake Village, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible