Job Title: Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
Department: Food and Beverage
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Director of Food and Beverage
Supervises: Dining Room Manager, Lounge Manager, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Captains
Job Description Date: April 2, 2018
To manage the food and beverage departments of the hotel to include banquets, food service and beverage service and maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel.
1. Maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest service quality.
2. Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the food and beverage department and participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
3. Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints.
4. Monitor the performance of the restaurant and banquets to ensure customer satisfaction and to initiate corrective action.
5. Assist in preparing local and national sales/marketing programs for food and beverage.
6. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the food and beverage department which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
7. Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the restaurant and banquet departments.
8. Ensure proper cleaning of all equipment after all function is completed
9. Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
10. Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. As well proactive Human Resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, scheduling and compliance with established labor regulations
11. Maintain procedures for security of monies and maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions as well as maintain inventory control procedures.
12. Receive departmental related guest concerns and ensures corrective action is taken.
13. Determine amount of future business and work load requirements with information gathered from the sales department. Assist personnel in setting up a function room to the desired specifications set forth by the sales office.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read & interpret business records & statistical reports; interpret financial information & prepare budgets.
2. Make business decisions based on production reports, facts, and personal experience.
3. Interact with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or Business
Experience: 2 years supervisory experience in food and beverage operations as a Department Manager. 2 years line level operations experience, and two years of direct sales or retail trade experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications: None required
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Westlake Village, CA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible