As an Events Coordinator, you will fill a pivotal role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through supporting and learning the daily operations of the Events department. As a member of the team, you will assist in the administrative duties of this department along with supporting four Event Planning and Event Sales Managers. This person will assist with various duties, including, but not limited to the following list below.What you will be doing
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Be experienced working in a hotel, office, or events/sales and have knowledge of the local area.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Assists Director of Sales & Events as well as Event Managers with their daily, weekly, and monthly duties.
- Answers phones, files, organizes, and provides administrative support to the team.
- Enters leads and event bookings, details in-house events and amenities, makes amenity cards, updates wedding brochures, completes/revises menus, and designs/creates menu cards and other items for the hotel events.
- Updates a 3-month calendar of events going on in town, gets bus permits, pays for meter parking, and works with managers clients on any additional needs during their events.
- Enters World of Hyatt points, sends out reports, and makes the reader board signs.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or managementBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible