As the Executive Chef, you will fill a vital role by directing and supervising all culinary operations, including, food preparation for all food and beverage outlets and banquet operations. In this position, you will ensure the highest level of quality and consistency as relates to food handling, food presentation, and overall guest experience. The Chef will be responsible for managing the culinary department while maintaining established operational standards and maximizing profits for the hotel.The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 5 or more years of progressive culinary experience in a Hotel or other Food & Beverage establishment, and a Culinary Degree is preferred.
- Creates and plans all meals and menus for the restaurant/s, outlet/s and catered events.
- Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a "hands on" approach.
- Works within monthly set food cost budget, adjust food requisitions and controls waste.
- Monitors food outlets, buffets, stations and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety.
- Assures timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Assists the Director of Operations, Restaurant Manager and the Banquet Manager in their daily and weekly duties as needed.
- Coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Works frequently with subordinates in the Food and Beverage department to ensure all aspects of business are running smoothly and on schedule to improve existing practices and services both in the front of the house and the back of the house.
- Communicates financial information to the General Manager, including up-to-date budget information and revenue growth programs formulated through short-term and long-term operational and financial plans for the food and beverage department.
- Achieves budgeted revenues, controls cost (which includes labor, food, maintenance, etc.) and maximizes profitability related to the facility operations.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations and General ManagerBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible