- Aimbridge Hospitality offers a variety of career opportunities within our portfolio which consists of well-known brands. Operating over 200 Hotels and 27,000 rooms across 31 states and the Caribbean
- The company owns and manages franchised hotel brands including Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott, Doubletree, aloft, Cambria Suites, Sheraton, Hyatt and more.
- Come and explore a world of opportunities and join our dynamic team!
- Our Philosophy is to consistently deliver exceptional hotel service with the help of dedicated, caring employees thus outperforming the competition.
- We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Your role will be integral to the success of our company.
- We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.Requirements
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver''s license for the applicable state.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality standards are met.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel (set example for other employees, be the team leader).
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining Aimbridge Hospitality standards (i.e., answering phones, call-backs to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
A competitive Benefits packet including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life & Disability
- 401K with matching contribution
- Employee Room rate discounts at participant Hotels
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Job type
- Rosemont, IL, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible