We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met- they’re exceeded. We believe our customers select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who work hard to provide efficient service and meaningful experiences. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. At Hyatt, we care for people so they can be their best. Our commitment to Diversity is best evidenced by our focus on company-wide diversity initiatives. We continue to be recognized as one of America’s best companies for minorities. Associates of Hyatt are given the tools from the first day to make a difference. Hyatt employees enjoy the following benefits: health and welfare programs, Hyatt retirement savings plan, educational assistance, employee stock purchase program, 12 free room nights for full time associates after one year of service, community involvement, and wellness reimbursement.
The Hyatt Shared Service Center provides accounting and customer support for over 150 Hyatt Hotels in North America and Latin America. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards- whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. We were named in the Oklahoman’s Top Workplaces for 2016 & 2017. If you are ready for this challenge, we are ready for you!
The purpose of this role is to conduct the payroll process activities of the Hyatt Shared Service Center (HSSC) Payroll department. This includes working closely with hotel/location HR departments on a day-to-day basis in order to ensure colleagues are paid correctly. Candidates must have multi-state payroll background, with experience in HR/PR/Timekeeping systems. The ideal candidate will be able to meet the HSSC Payroll Department’s Mission of processing accurate and timely payrolls by efficiently maintaining and submitting confidential information to employees, departments, hotels, financial institutions, and external agencies.
- Completes varied, complex/non-standard tasks in areas of responsibility
- Makes variety of decisions, many complex in nature
- Required to identify, assess, and resolve complex issues/problems within own area of responsibility
- Directs supervision of day-to-day activity of professional staff providing payroll services for hotel properties with an emphasis on accurate and timely payroll runs
- Mentors and coaches staff
- Prepares performance appraisals
- Coordinates and reviews payroll processes to ensure accuracy
- Manages/monitors payroll cycle and significant financial processes
- Coordinates, and maintains documentation on projects and team assignments
- Develops, implements, and generates performance metrics
- Conducts work planning/prioritization for own team
- Encourages and implements continuous improvement measures on day-to-day basis within area of responsibility
- Regular attendance is expected based on schedule and business needs. The schedule for this position requires the following availability, but is not limited to Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM weekends and holidays as scheduled. Occasional overtime as needed.
- Completes special projects as directed by Payroll Manager/Asst. Manager
- Responds to hotel property field inquiries
Ideal candidate will also posses the following characteristics:
- Excellent professional communications skills (oral and written)
- Proficient in payroll processing activities
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Maintain a work environment that is comfortable, user-friendly, and organized
- Ability to adapt to new demands, reprioritize workload and address urgent demands quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to all colleagues and all internal/external resources
- Eagerness and ability to learn new skills, technologies and business processes quickly
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and across all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work inclusively, but also be able to work independently and without excessive supervision
- Ability to calculate overtime
- Ability to maintain confidential employee information
- Attention to detail
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Associate Degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent multi-state payroll experience; FPC (Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years Full Payroll Processing Experience Required including:
- Time and Attendance systems
- FLSA, DOL, Multi-State and Federal payroll Requirements
- Payroll Balancing
- Payroll Acceptance
- Record Retention
Computer Skills Required to Perform this Job
- Proficient in Time and Attendance, and Payroll Software, and Reporting Systems-required.
- Competent computer skills to perform essential functions listed above- required.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with HRIS/HRMS/Payroll, and time and attendance systems- required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel- required.
- Advanced data entry skills- required.
- Basic understanding of report writing- required.
- Experience processing Hotel/Hospitality Industry Payrolls to include tips, service charges- preferred.
- Experience in Shared Service Payroll Environment- preferred
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Moore, OK, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible