Act as host providing guests with a full range of individualized service during hotel stay.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manager
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of the hotel.
- Verify customers'' credit, and establish payment method.
- Make and confirm external reservations for dinner, entertainment, and transportation.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Answer hotel phone and handle guest requests and inquiries.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Deposit guests'' valuables in hotel safes or safe-deposit boxes.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts.
- Serve food in guest rooms upon request, ensuring a positive in-room dining experience.
- Act as a private lounge host.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits and use required safety equipment.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience required or equivalent training.
- Dynamic, engaging and passionate personality with the ability to multi-task.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Lower Manhattan, New York, NY, United States
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible