Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Work with Global Strategy team on high value global and regional initiatives, interacting regularly with Executive Committee members and other senior management throughout the organisation. Responsible for conducting analyses relating to strategic business issues using analytical frameworks and financial modeling skills, and provide analytical support, project planning and strategic advice to leaders of major initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in global initiatives with the rest of the Strategy team. As needed, support regional Presidents and senior management teams on critical regional initiatives. Specific duties and responsibilities include conducting analyses relating to strategic business issues using analytical frameworks and financial modeling skills, and provide project management, analytical support and strategic advice to leaders of major initiatives.
- Prepare, alongside the rest of the Strategy team, the annual Strategy presentation to the Board regarding changes to the strategy, highlights of key issues, view of the competitive landscape, reflections on M&A, etc
- Assist on multiple workstreams within complex projects all the way from project structuring to implementation planning effectively navigating a complex multi-region, multi-function matrix organization
- Support in the provision of guidance to the functions and regions on how to conduct their yearly strategic planning and analyse the regional and global roll ups. Help write the story and present findings to the CFO and CEO
- Follow competitor trends and develop a yearly update on key threats to IHG
- Work alongside regional strategy heads to develop country strategies by building a factbase, working with external consultants, analyzing alternatives and putting forward recommendations. Assist in getting buy in from the Regional President and the Executive Committee
- Assist on critical corporate activity (M&A, capital deployment, as appropriate)
Education – Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience
Experience – 1-2 years work experience in strategy, consultancy or finance, or 2-4 years corporate level experience with exposure to a broad range of business issues.
- Previous leisure/hospitality and/or franchise industry experience and language skills desirable, but not necessary.
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues with impact to the business, to analyse data and forecast future business trends, and to develop strategic plans based on business needs and assessments
- Demonstrated strategic thinking through a proven ability to analyse markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight/conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills required to build relationships across business units for collaboration, data requests, and joint analysis
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to address all levels within the organisation to develop consensus
- Financial modeling/analysis (DCF, NPV, accounting) and basic finance principles
- Strong self-motivation and ability to plan time/priorities
- Ability to understand of hotel industry dynamics and economics
- Familiarity of external data sources and ability to use them effectively to reach key conclusions
- Project management skills
- Flexible in terms of workload and hours
- Able to gain credibility with executives and senior managers in the organisation
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible