Analyst, Indirect Tax
Based in Branston, Burton on Trent, UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Analyst, Indirect Tax to join our Group Tax Team.
This role will involve working closely with the Indirect Tax Director to deliver IHG’s indirect taxes obligations in the UK and across Europe.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
- Review selected VAT returns and related reporting
- Gather information in response to VAT audits and enquiries.
- Be a central contact for any indirect tax compliance issues arising within the UK and the rest of Europe.
- Contribute to VAT training materials.
- Work with wider Group tax team in contributing to testing compliance with controls and documentation
- Assist with indirect tax implications for acquisitions or new entity set up within Europe.
- Keep up to date on any indirect tax changes within Europe and assist with communication and changes that need to take place.
- Provide occasional support on customs duty
- Liaise with IHG’s Business Services Centre in India, as well as assigned UK hotel finance teams
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a minimum of two years’ work experience in preparing and reviewing VAT returns, who is looking to develop their skills in VAT and other Indirect Taxes.
You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The Analyst, Indirect Tax will have strong communication and team working skills, with strong impersonal skills that influence stakeholders throughout the organisation. You will also be able to work independently and pro-actively, researching tax issues and recommending best practice whilst maintaining tax compliance.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working for one of the big four accountancy firms, or similar in-house experience, however this is not essential. An ATT qualification would be advantageous although support to obtain a professional qualification will be given to the successful candidate if required.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
- Job type
- Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible