Do you thrive in a sales environment? Do you have a passion for hunting for New Business?
If the answer is yes – you may be the next Business Development Manager we are looking for to join us at an exciting time in the hospitality industry within our European Sales Team!
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. Our purpose is to create Great Hotels Guests Love® through providing True Hospitality for everyone.
IHG have been certified as a Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employers Institute and we’re not far from Central London, with our Corporate Head Office based in Denham, Buckinghamshire which is a 20 - 35 mins (approx.) train journey from London Marylebone to Denham station!
The role will be to support the development and execution of IHG’s new business strategy for Europe Sales. The position will include the researching of opportunities within the assigned market(s), taking in to account the strategic needs of the business, market conditions, and growth segments/industries. Targeting and building initial relationships with key decision makers with the utilization of systems and tools will be a key responsibility along with proactive and strategic profiling on the potential of new accounts.
- Develop & execute a new business strategy for the UK market to proactively target, qualify and convert relevant new accounts that meet IHGs requirements
- Profile and qualify incoming leads
- Manage CRM system (sales-force) ensuring all relevant client information, insight & activity is captured.
- Present IHG brands, value proposition and the benefits of key account status to prospective clients.
- Set financial targets and transition new accounts to Key Account Managers/Directors for long-term account management.
- Develop analytical capability to understand customer market share and drive IHG preference in key strategic markets
Broadly, the responsibilities are split as follows
Performing market research & analysis to determine opportunities 15%
Driving new business thorough proactive targeting of accounts 40%
Managing and building internal relationships 20%
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration