Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Act as a core team member, representing the team and coordinating key programs and projects across a global team. Work across the team to enable effective work practices and successful delivery.
The Coordinator will report to the VP Communications Marketing & Commercial and provide programme/project support for the team, including:
- Execute communication deliverables through channels as required e.g. intranet, EmailOpen system, website
- Global coordination of logistics and planning of meetings and events including vendor, hotel, internal stakeholder management, in addition to various communications assignments as appropriate
- Complete/coordinate activities for team programmes and projects; assist in establishing project timetables, action steps, status updates; follow-up to ensure timely execution to meet established deadlines
- Prepare and format various departmental reports/presentations, gather and summarize information from various sources as requested; use various spreadsheet graphics/statistical software as needed
- Manage, monitor and report on departmental budgets and spend to help maintain operating controls. Monitor project costs and ensure bills/ invoices are accurate, properly coded and forwarded to accounts payable; maintain tracking and reporting systems, if appropriate
- Refer customers to appropriate contacts within the unit, department or division and respond to inquiries related to daily activities/programs of work area; act as a liaison point between and in to team members
- Respond to and/or resolve internal/external problems or complaints
- Maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation: provide clear, accurate information; explain procedures or materials
- Research, compile and analyze data and information, create spreadsheets/databases to maintain and report management information
- Administrative duties as needed: travel arrangements, expense reports, schedule meetings/calendar activity and other duties as assigned
Educational Attainment: High School Diploma
Critical Expertise & Experience: 2 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/ technologies/ processes related to the position. Strong written and verbal communications experience, coupled with influencing skills and executive presence.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal/written communication skills with clients, vendors, hotels, internal clients, senior management, and staff
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global matrix organization – working across time zones and cultures
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including proficiency in a variety of software packages (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, e-mail, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze database information to accurately track or maintain data, reporting trends or inconsistencies
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, ongoing assignments and projects accurately, on time, within specified budget and with attention to detail to maintain accuracy of reporting data.
- Demonstrated organizational sills and follow-through
- Demonstrated math skills for the purpose of checking figures for accuracy
- Previous work with media/journalists or a PR team preferred
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible