What''s your passion? Whether you''re into jogging, reading or sky-diving, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we''re looking for a Corporate Paralegal, EMEAA East to join our fun and energetic team at Singapore Corporate Office.
Job Summary –
Responsible for the provision of legal support for Corporate Secretariat matters in the Europe, Middle East Asia Africa (EMEAA) East region. Supports the EMEAA East BRR/Legal team and the EMEAA East management team & function heads to ensure IHG business is conducted and business objectives are achieved in compliance with regional local company laws
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all corporate secretariat matters for corporate governance, customer relations and statutory compliance including liquidation and formation of entities necessary for the business of IHG in the EMEAA East region, including completion and filing of Annual Returns, preparation of minutes and resolutions and other filings for all entities in the EMEAA East region with regulatory authorities.
- Render advice and support to relevant global BRR/Legal colleagues by providing corporate information and documents of/from shareholders of entities incorporated in the EMEAA East region.
- Render advice and support to Global, Functional and Regional Business Units by providing latest corporate information for capital investments, corporate restructures and all other matters / ventures involving an IHG legal entity in EMEAA East.
- Work with UK Corporate Secretariat team and the Group’s regional offices on the corporate structure chart and updating all information regarding all EMEAA East entities.
- Work with global BRR/Legal, Finance and Tax departments to develop and implement worldwide initiatives consistent with strategic priorities. Manage the system for ensuring all appropriate internal and external business licences and legal documentation to meet the IHG Group’s tax and other requirements in the EMEAA East region. Work with and manage external service providers to ensure IHG is effectively represented at a fair cost.
- Review requests for Powers of Attorney and /or Board Resolutions from business units (global & regional) and external law firms prior to issuance.
- Works with local regulatory bodies in the EMEAA East region on licensing requirements, scope of all legal entities’ Articles of Associations to ensure that IHG’s EMEAA East legal entities are trading lawfully.
- Works with BSC on IHG’s EMEAA East legal entities’ bank account management eg. signatories to these accounts.
- Manages and/or maintains IHG’s database &/document management systems such as Blueprint & Passport on data for all EMEAA East legal entities.
- Upholds IHG’s corporate governance (internally & externally) &/or processes and procedures to high standards.
- Provide general legal / documentation support to the BRR/Legal team, as required.
- Job type
- Downtown Core, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible