Recommend a Friend: SGD – Band 5
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into birdwatching, colouring or rock collecting, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we''re looking for a Director, Capital Investment & Transactions to join our fun and energetic team at Singapore Office.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Support the VP & Head of M&A, Corporate Finance in defining and implementing M&A processes for IHG in partnership with the regions and the strategy team. Work closely with, and provide support to senior management in relationship to all M&A activity and leads. Build a network of both internal and external relationships, in order to create action on identified targets, carry out feasibility assessments and assist in execution of deals where required. Take an active role in supporting IHG’s brand partnership and alliances strategies through the construction and negotiation of contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Work with the Head of M&A to develop a systematic global process for assessing and executing all IHG’s M&A activity.
- Partner with the strategy and regional/ functional teams to implement these processes, ensuring accountabilities are defined and the appropriate rigour and discipline is followed at all times.
- Become established as the primary contact for assisting with any M&A related queries from within IHG, escalating to the VP & Head of M&A where necessary.
- Build strong global relationships and ensure regular contact is maintained with regional/ functional contacts to ensure up to date knowledge of the status of all M&A activity.
- Prepare regular updates to senior management/ the Executive Committee/ Board summarizing the status of M&A activity across the Group.
- Provide support in building plans to proactively engage with targets based on the strategic ambitions of the group; working with CEO, CFO, Chairman and Regional Presidents as necessary.
- Based on desired strategic ambitions, assist with building plans to proactively engage with targets and own key parts of this agenda in conjunction with CEO, CFO, Chairman and Regions.
- Build key relationships with global/UK based M&A bankers.
- Active involvement in transactions where appropriate; work closely with regional resources and support regional deals.
- Support corporate development team in constructing and executing partnership and JV agreements.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown Core, Singapore
- Starting in
- As soon as possible