Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Responsible for coordinating and directing the Employee Relations program and function. Primary responsibility for management of labor and employee relations, personnel administration, administration of employees'' and self-insurance programs, safety programs, and risk management programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Responsible for managing employee relations activities according to established guidelines and sound administrative practices.
- Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Supervises and provides direction to subordinate staff engaged in developing and administering the risk management, safety programs, and workers'' compensation.
- Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Prepares and presents required and special reports.
- Develops and presents the operating budget for the Employee Relations Dept. and, upon final budget approval, assures that all functions operate within appropriated amounts.
- Evaluates or reviews evaluations of performance on all employees; effectively recommends hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary, and commendatory actions of all assigned personnel.
Education – Bachelor''s Degree, preferably in Human Resources Management of related field, or a Master''s Degree preferred.
- 8 to 10 years'' experience in human resources management, 3 years of which must have been in a supervisory position; or an equivalent combination of related training and experience; SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR) preferred.
Technical skills -
- Must possess considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, orally and written
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Some knowledge of laws & regulations relating to insurance and safety administration.
- Employees supervised: 2
Decision making responsibilities
- Provides recommendations & guidance to senior management regarding tier 1 & tier 2 employee relation issues.
- Reviews disciplinary actions taken by management to ensure compliance with company policy and related laws.
- Responsible for the effective adaptation and implementation of HR policies.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations could result in delays and/or modification to projects or operations causing considerable expenditures of time, human resources and/or funds.
Internal/External Key Relationships
- Advise and consult with senior management for employee relation issues & HR policy development; Hotel GMs, RVPOs, VP Operations; other line management in employee relations matters--to consult and advise on various HR matters;
- Professional organizations/industry; State/Federal agencies regarding EEO and/or other employment issues; Outplacement or employment agencies and/or training vendors
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract