Director, Franchise & Development Counsel EMEAA
Based in Denham, Buckinghamshire Corporate Head Office (UB9 5HR)
An exciting, yet challenging new opportunity has arisen for a talented, experienced and forward-thinking Lawyer to join our growing EMEAA Legal Team.
This role will drive and accelerate overall franchise signings and renewals for the EMEAA region by leading a franchise centre of excellence with improved contracts and processes.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, we put our people first and focus on creating Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering on our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
Primarily the role of the Franchise & Development Counsel Director will be to lead the new franchise centre of excellence for the EMEAA region, providing legal support to hotel development team and wider business
• Managing the team that processes hotel franchise deals to support the IHG’s system size, new hotel signing targets, variations and renewals.
• Implement market competitive contracts, systems and processes to drive accelerated growth whilst protecting IHG’s legal and risk positions.
• Ensure IHG has effective and enforceable franchise and ancillary agreements and other agreements as required throughout the franchise life-cycle.
• Directly handle key and complex franchise and other hotel portfolio transactions.
• Provide franchise, corporate and other legal advice to the EMEAA region and legal training to the franchise team.
• Work closely with the EMEAA Growth Committee, attending sessions and implementing best practice.
• Ensure effective database management of IHG hotel contracts (managed and franchised) and effective deal handover to the D&E, NHOP and legal ops teams post signing.
We are looking for a qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 8 years PQE experience who understands legal transactions with a solid background in providing legal advice across multiple EMEAA jurisdictions. You will be a franchise expert, with hospitality industry experience an extra bonus
In addition, you will have experience leading a team working with cross functional teams, driving system or culture change, communicating and collaborating effectively with senior leadership in a complex matrix organisation
You will have experience implementing legal processes within a technological environment, working to targets, managing various stakeholders and balancing competing priorities. You will be a self-starter, enthusiastic and stay composed under pressure.
As an IHG employee, you will enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include hotel room discounts (available globally) and healthcare support.
We are based in modern offices with around 650 employees based at our corporate Head Office where have parking available on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A4/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 20 – 35 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
If this sounds like your next role - make your application today! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible