You will act as business partner In support of the Head of Human Resources, Southeast Asia and Korea, in leading the People strategy through key stakeholders including support of the field to deliver a high performance culture that delivers a great guest experience.
1. Financial Returns maximize hotel performance
- Improve key Human Resources metrics and workforce optimization in the field (turnover, average tenure, productivity, hotel ratio’s -manning guide alignment through hotel review- Compensation & Benefits guidelines, Employee Engagement, etc) through the use of IHG tools & processes.
- Cluster commitments in the region to ensure scalable use of tools and resources by country.
- Work with Centres of Excellence (COEs) and embed seamless Human Resources ways of working into the operations.
- Support efficient organizations ensuring speed of hotel Executive team readiness for market and into New Hotel Openings (NHs).
- Support hotels by providing best practice solutions and/or consistency in Human Resources related priorities in the region.
- Support Regional Leadership team with Owner Advocacy and Engagement.
- Direct Industrial Relations recommendations for IHG employees and assist the field to navigate through local laws in regional scope, including investigations of escalated issues.
- Support the budget process each year with HR guidance on key areas of focus.
2. Our People
- Lead the SEAK HR operations team to drive initiatives as planned and agreed,
- Support Centre Of Excellence in building a leadership pipeline for the business unit (BU),
- Building BrandHearted leadership, including development of Human Resources team capabilities in the field through monthly one to one’s and team calls plus ongoing focused mentoring where required,
- Create a culture of Engagement in the field,
- Support Centres Of Excellence to encourage best use of all IHG programs to drive engagement
- Champion Employer branding (awareness) in the market
- Drive People Strategies in alignment with country plans
- Partner with Directors of Commercial, Directors of Finance, Directors of Operations and other key Operations stakeholders to ensure a one team approach to running the BU.
3. Guest Experience
- Support Centre Of Excellence to drive participation in Leadership development,
- Support Global direction of People Strategy and Centres Of Excellence priorities through open and constructive communication with key stakeholders,
- Support new brands entering the business unit/region
- Deliver IHG Academy and Early Careers options in the field,
- Roll out new HR systems (Cognises in Q1 2021 and new iterations to IHG Careers when applicable)
- Prioritise and sustain localized workforce strategies and community priorities
- Responsible for Safety & Crisis capability for our People
- Minimum 10 years as a senior Human Resources Business Partner
- Experience working within a Multi-national Company.
- Ability to think differently, communicate and execute strategies into the field
- Ability to mentor and develop across multiple business functions and cultures
- Demonstrated capability to impact and influence C-Suite Executives
- Strong consulting and project management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills at all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate a vision including buy-in through all levels of the organization (impact and influence)