When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title.And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Marketing team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can design and implement product innovations aligned with the brand strategy to deliver the brand experience.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The manager of brand design will be a best-in-class leader responsible for development and management of brand design for an assigned IHG brand. The role will lead a cross functional team (includes architecture, design, procurement, insights and project management) to develop brand design solutions through delivery of an end-to-end design lifecycle process and programmatic solutions to embed design into hotels. This leader also has accountability for day to day brand design ownership and must develop/execute product change management best practices, strategies, tools and measurement criteria, as well as recommend prioritization of work flow. As brand design enables the guest experience and ultimately defines the brand, the senior manager of brand design will focus on delivering against key performance metrics, including but not limited to guest heartbeat, revenue generation (ADR, RGI) and overall owner ROI. This position will work closely with key partners and stakeholders across including Architecture & Design, Development, Operations and Brand Operations (brand standards) to ensure design is fit for purpose. Additionally, this franchise owner-facing role will require the development of strong franchise owner relationships including with the IHG Owners Association (IHGOA). This leader must employ a collaborative, cross-functional approach as they look to inspire and lead fellow stakeholders to develop and deliver truly differentiated guest experiences that effectively bring each of the brands to life in unique and powerful ways.
This posting is for 3 Brand Design positions:
- Manager, Brand Design Mainstream Growth - avid
- Manager, Brand Design – Holiday Inn Express
- Manager, Global Brand Design – EVEN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Provide critical thought leadership to deliver regional design aligned with the brand’s globally defined core value proposition, strategic pillars (including its guiding principles) and design philosophy to enable the brand’s business ambition
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Operations (hotel performance), Development (growth strategy) and Architecture & Design (functional expertise) to manage the 3-to-5-year brand design roadmaps that will exceed guest and owner needs, as well as deliver wining business models and strong go-to-market strategies
- Manage a system of continuous improvement to ensure competitiveness, consistency and quality of the guest experience through design, utilizing consumer insight, competitive analysis and system appetite to drive decisions
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to Brand Managers towards the development of guest experience programs throughout the region.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Provide overall leadership and oversight to the entire project team across the entire brand design lifecycle (Discovery through Embedding)
- Lead the scoping, costing, acquisition, and implementation of current and future enhancements to the brand offering to improve performance and provide strong differentiation of each brand
- Lead research, in partnership with consumer insights team, to ascertain necessary consumer insight to drive changes or enhancements to the brand design
- Oversee annual budget guidance and brand standards publishing to ensure effective deployment of all brand design solutions
- Lead and oversee the development of tools, training and communications required to support change management (e.g. design guides, renovation toolkits, etc.)
- Develop measurement and analytical methodologies to support the strategic and tactial remit of the design
- Execute effective vendor management with multiple vendors to ensure delivery of business requirements and full execution of MSAs/SOWs
- Engage with owner community (both formally through an IHGOA committee and informally) to gain alignment on case for change, understand operational viability of design options and to garner support to embed design in hotels
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible