IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a portfolio of successful brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. We passionately believe that it’s our people who make us what we are today, and it’s our people who will help us and our world-famous brands grow. Whether in our corporate offices or hotels, it’s our colleagues’ distinct personalities and talent that bring to life our purpose of providing True Hospitality for everyone.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Finance BI & Information Delivery Analyst whose main responsibility will be to provide support to hotels, ownership groups, regional revenue management teams and internal stakeholders on bench-marking data and reports.
This role will require you to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including Finance Centre of Excellence and other Global Finance colleagues. You will need to deliver timely, high quality and insightful financial and non-financial data to the stakeholders.
You will be required to independently with hotel managers, brand managers and senior management to respond back to data requests which may involve looking at the trends for a hotel segment, interpreting performance data, researching data sources and/or data integrity.
In addition, you will support and coordinate all internal PS&P databases, performing uploads of data received from vendors and internal sources on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Key responsibilities & activities will also include:
- Generating reports as well as preparing report data for presentations for PS&P colleagues;
- Researching disparities in database information and synchronising database file information to ensure all databases are accurate;
- Performing various audit checks on reports/analysis prepared by the team before sending to stakeholders and undertaking any follow up actions as required;
- Continuously monitoring the quality and integrity processes to ensure the accuracy of the data and its storage within each database and reporting platform. Researching and explaining disparities in the data utilising qualitative and quantitative techniques as required.
The successful candidate will have proficiency in enterprise reporting and analysis tools Business Objects & SAS, with ideally several years’ experience in data management, analytics, market research and/or related roles and extensive SQL & MS access experience, resulting in a deep and broad knowledge of how to write and optimise SQL.
You will be able to demonstrate expertise in managing a broad set of data sources, including understanding and documenting data relationships, ensuring data integrity and choosing the appropriate data source.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alongside key stakeholders globally
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us and you will have chance to work with a great set of people.
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire.
Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
- Job type
- Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract