When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Sales and Marketing team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can lead and coordinate the development and execution of revenue-generating global sales programs and technology platforms for the Groups & Meetings segment. Ensure that all sales programs and platforms support the overall vision, objectives and goals of the end-to-end Global Sales Strategy & Vision, IHG enterprise strategy, and the needs of our sellers and customer for the Groups & Meetings segment. Monitor the cost-effectiveness and implementation of programs, and recommend measures for continuous improvement. This role will be expected to be the subject matter expert on the latest technology and platforms relevant to the groups and meeting segment, and will be knowledgeable as to how innovation in this area will enhance segment delivery and performance. May lead the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Develop, communicate and implement a multi-year roadmap for the Groups & Meetings business segment/program. Ensure that each plan effectively lays the foundation of the positioning for each market/program, and builds into the overall Sales strategy near and long-term.
● Manage the overall implementation of the program’s plan via comprehensive sales programs, stakeholder alignment, change management, communications and measurement, both internally and externally.
● Monitor each program’s progress against agreed objectives, including financial return and production analysis, and formally report progress to manager/sales leader at defined intervals. Monitor and control budgeted expenditures to constantly achieve enhanced cost effectiveness and value; and control and approve the work of assigned promotional vendors as needed.
● Serve as a key link between the Global Sales, Regional Sales and hotel sales within related Sales/Market segments to enhance communications and consistency and ensure objectives/needs are met.
● Monitor and measure relevant competitive market activity relating to Sales Program activities and programs within the industry, and make appropriate recommendations to ensure the Company’s sales programs maintain a creative and competitive edge.
● Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across all global and regional functions and departments at all levels to ensure maximum benefit from cross-functional synergies.
● Support ad hoc segment projects as needed, with the potential to lead the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible