When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Business Reputation & Responsibility Legal team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel, we’re looking for someone who will be responsible for hotel development in the Americas, and will provide legal counsel, support and representation of the company in hotel development matters, including hotel management agreements, real estate, joint ventures, financing, and other related matters. A background in hotel development is preferred. Substantial hands on specialty experience with commercial real estate will be required. Areas of pertinent experience include real estate acquisitions/dispositions, leasing, financing, construction and equity placement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Conduct, supervise, and manage hotel development transactions and other matters in the Americas region, utilizing and directing outside resources as appropriate.
● Utilize outside counsel and other external resources as appropriate to ensure the Company is represented in a cost efficient and effective manner in hotel development matters. Develop strategic direction and alternatives on legal matters.
● Direct and oversee internal and external team members to ensure performance is measured and communicated, administrative matters are completed timely, internal and external budgets are developed, monitored and met, and profit and loss statements and other tracking tools are reviewed and utilized to measure monthly performance.
● Draft, negotiate and review/modify legal documents to meet Company standards/objectives.
● Counsel department or division management on relevant legal issues. Develop and maintain a good working relationship in all client areas. Assist management in evaluating the legal impact of various corporate or department strategies, determining alternatives based on business and legal considerations and the relevant environment.
● Represent and support department or division management in dealings with external parties.
● Coordinate and work with other areas of Legal Division on related matters to ensure efficient resolution of issues.
● Train and educate employees on germane legal matters as preventive legal measures.
● Manage and work with outside counsel and counsel for outside parties as appropriate to ensure Company is represented fairly.
● If applicable, coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assesses, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible