Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Job Summary: Co-manage hotel projects, aligned with assigned Manager, Property Improvements & Plan Review, for an assigned territory of franchised hotels which may include a Property Improvement Plan (PIP) for a renovation and/or new development (ND) hotel construction project. Serve as a recognized architectural, design and construction expert for a segment of mid-scale or upscale IHG brand hotels. Manager, Property Improvements & Plan Review will focus primary responsibilities on either PIP discipline or Plan Review discipline as assigned per hiring manager. Approving (or not approving) project plans, design boards, life safety plans and other related project submittals for a broad range of complex of PIP and ND projects to ensure conformance with Hotel Brand Vision and Hotel Design Guidelines, Hotel Brand Standards, IHG Brand Safety Standards, ADA requirements, and other related design criteria requirements. Provide design guidance and assistance to IHG franchisees and their design consultants through all phases of the PIP or ND projects, ensuring timely and successful completion of projects while promoting Great Hotels Guests Love. May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities. From time to time provide feedback to management and brand on product related issues / recommendations for improvements.
- Effectively manage an assigned territory by evaluating a steady flow of proposed ND and PIP renovation project designs, including evaluation against IHG Brand Standards, suitability of designs, materials, style and coordination for all areas of a hotel project.
- Perform courtesy reviews to pre-determine a project''s potential suitability as an IHG branded hotel in order to assist Franchise Sales in pursuing acceptable properties for conversion and development.
- Thoroughly review PIP documents to gain familiarity with project requirements as set forth by the PIP prior to commenting to franchisee on project submittals sent in for Design Review. Manager has the authority to accept submitted design modifications that are not as specifically listed in the PIP if the submitted design meets the intent of the PIP.
- Perform Design Review for all submittals received for all projects within your assigned territory provide appropriate written responses to owner. Review site plans to ensure compliance with applicable laws, IHG Brand Standards, and provide suggestions on required changes or improvements to such plans. Monitor milestone dates for ND and PIP renovation projects to ensure projects are progressing on schedule. Ensure that all documentation is maintained with project file.
- Lead and conduct initial and periodic meetings with Principal Correspondents (Owners), architects, designers, and contractors to discuss renovation requirements, construction direction, and design plans for specific projects. Consult with/guide the project team members through the design process and into the construction/renovation phase to ensure consistency of product. Responsible for communicating any design or construction trend changes or improvements in order to keep the brand’s Architecture & Design requirements current and competitive.
- Contribute to ongoing development of Architecture & Design department’s useful tools and resources to be shared with franchisee community via department website.
- Attend Brand Studio Meetings on a regular basis, providing feedback to the Brand Design team on product and prototype design related issues, request feedback on specific project issues, and provide input towards improvement and growth of the Brand Studio team structure.
- Approximately 10% travel for Plan Review but additional travel may be required for PIP responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor''s or Master''s Degree in Architecture, Design, Construction Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. AIA or ASID certifications preferred.
Experience: 8 years progressive work-related experience in design, architecture or construction management, with at least two years prior experience in hotel industry renovation or new build projects. Must have two years prior project management experience in order to coordinate renovation projects within a given territory.
- Demonstrate project management experience in organizing, planning and executing complex, large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, Design teams, senior management and IHG Internal Partners. Demonstrated ability to communicate supportive program details (presentation, analysis) to present a persuasive argument or to effectively negotiate a position, and to clearly explain specific requirements for active projects.
- Demonstrate computer skills. Experience with Bluebeam, Google Drive/Docs, Microsoft Word preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of brand standards and full understanding of the differences in the various brand standards. Must maintain a working knowledge of all requirements described in each brand standards manual.
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints including architectural, mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler systems and electrical drawings.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret design boards and specifications and provide free-hand renderings, layouts or other drawings to clarify design issues or as the need arises.
- Demonstrate ability to remain current with construction trends, code requirements and design through participating in annual continuing education classes.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize project details and manage time usage to track active renovation, conversion and new development properties, and to determine if plans have been submitted in a timely manner and/or if PIP Managers have performed milestone visits in a timely manner. Must make immediate time available to return telephone calls and work with franchisees when problems arise regarding project development, Brand standards or vendor-related issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of national building codes and ADA requirements.
- Ability to travel as needed.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration