Interior Design Manager – Design & Engineering (D&E) Team
Based in Corporate Head Quarters in Denham (UB9 5HR)
We have a purpose to create Great Hotels Guest Love through delivering our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
We know there’s no one quite like you, your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are and that’s what we want at IHG.
The Design & Engineering (D&E) Team are searching for a pro-active Interior Design Manager to join their team. You’ll be working alongside a fantastic team and join one of the biggest hotel companies in the world at our beautiful Head Quarters in Denham!
Does this sound interesting? If so, read on!
Who are we?
You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands! IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why
we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
This role provides Interior Design support for new hotel properties entering the IHG system in Europe as well as existing property renovations. Works in partnership with a team of Development Architects regionally based across
You will develop and monitor the implementation process and tools for the team, working closely with internal stakeholders. Similarly, you will be responsible for the development of design standards, guides and other design-related tools.
The successful candidate will also prepare design briefs for consultants and agencies on new special projects. You will be making sure that designs are aligned with IHG brands and are appropriate in budget and operational issues.
• Develops, improves and implements processes and tools to ensure that all new European hotels support the design and construction of new hotels and conversions
• Reviews and identifies issues and constraints throughout the current process; develops new ways of working to address these and improve results, collaborating closely with the team
• Prepare facility design programs and hotel briefs for new and innovation projects in Europe
• Where appropriate, source, hire and manage external architectural and design resources. Manage their service levels and remuneration and ensure this meet the needs of the D&E Team
• Prepare briefing documents for Consultants and agencies on new projects and review and comment on consultants’ and agencies’ designs in terms of brand alignment, appropriateness in design, budget and operational issues
• Keep up to date on all IHG brand standards, technological innovations, best building practice and competitor activity in order to be able to provide support to the team and projects in order to ensure designs achieve high consistency and excellent quality, aiming to produce ‘brand defining hotels’ in every opportunity
• Support the team at a general business level and facilitate a collegial and collaborative professional working relationship between the team and other key internal IHG stakeholders.
• Interior design university degree/qualification (or equivalent relevant work experience)
What we’re looking for:
You will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience within interior design, construction and project management. Experience of this within a multinational hospitality company is desirable. However, it is essential that you will have strong knowledge and understanding of generally applicable laws and regulations in the hospitality sector.
The successful candidate will be computer literate in AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office Suite, including Project. As well as experience in presenting ideas and project requirements clearly and professionally to internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have robust analytical skills with attention to detail, this is desirable but not essential.
You will also be a self-starter and accomplisher, with the ability to travel frequently across the region.
Why work for IHG?
At IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which will include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration