When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Marketing team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can provide Loyalty Marketing, Regional & Global Brand Teams, and additional upper-level management teams with key consumer insights necessary for the development and assessment of brand/business strategies and tactics. The Manager, Data Management Platform is responsible for taking the initiative in developing, leading, and presenting results from myriad types of primary research studies spanning survey (online and offline), diary study, expanded conjoint, sensory, focus group, interviewing and brainstorming projects, to name just a few; put another way, it is required that our Manager, Data Management Platform be well-versed in many traditional and non-traditional research methodologies. The Manager, Data Management Platform also is, of course, responsible for the daily project management of large strategic projects and providing ongoing consultation regarding market research communication initiatives.
The Manager, Data Management Platform proactively manages both external and internal resources for pertinent information on all customers, including guests, franchisees and intermediaries and develops cross-functional efficiencies and best practice approaches. He/She may lead less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and training in daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
The Manager, Data Management Platform position exists to make it possible for IHG to keep its finger on the all-critical pulse of consumer wants, unmet needs, behaviors and attitudes to create hotel solutions that lead to profits. The primary contributions of a Manager, Data Management Platform comprise not only best-in-class research planning and result gathering, but also the translation of all research into meaningful business planning. The Manager, Data Management Platform''s key deliverables are answers to pressing business questions.
- Serves as an on-going, independent consultant to all internal clients, with whom he or she works by holding workshops, attending all strategic meetings, and playing the most visible, optimal role possible in ensuring that the voice of the customer is reflected in everything that IHG does.
- Thoroughly investigates ways in which business questions can be answered by diligently and precisely overseeing consumer insights work
- Creates powerful presentations of points of view to upper management.
- Ensures cross-functional department relationships are optimized and leveraged to maximize effectiveness in addressing clients’ information needs through analytics consulting and client market research initiatives.
- Responsible for all steps of project management for primary market research initiatives including recommendation of methodology and supplier(s) that best address project objectives and budget; management of competitive bid process; project proposal development and approval, all steps of project implementation; analysis/interpretation of results; communication of results to all internal clients and all necessary project archiving. Serve as subject matter expert to supported teams and partner at individual team planning sessions, off-site meetings and agency meetings as required.
- Monitors syndicated data and consulting relationships with suppliers in the traditional and e-commerce space. Key responsibilities include negotiation of contracts and management of relationship throughout contract period to ensure that promised deliverables meet requirements, and that the Company derives the maximum value from the contract.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of key industry trends/developments impacting e-commerce and guest frequency programs as those trends/best practices relate to the market research arena (research techniques, market research suppliers, etc).
- Continually educates the organization about the role of Strategy and Research within successful organizations;
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration