Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Provide consulting across all areas of guest experience and operations (e.g., product/quality, service, F&B, people tools/processes) when deployed by Franchise Performance Support (FPS) team. Drive hotel performance as the primary resource for high level specialized/technical knowledge of the guest experience and hotel operations. Specifically, work with hotels to address key guest experience/operational issues identified by FPS team (guided by performance data supplied by Operations Analytics & Insight) and develop hotel action plan to reflect necessary steps to remedy issues and meet goals outlined in the strategic plan.
- Corporate remote and candidates must reside in the: Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD area within close proximity to a major airport
- Travel: around 40% throughout the year with overnight stays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities)
- Consult with key clients to address performance gaps in product/quality, service levels, F&B execution, hotel staff morale/retention and training needs when deployed by the FPS team. Prescribe programs and tools that support performance initiatives and strategic objectives. Help clients and stakeholders question their assumptions, determine their needs, and plan implementation strategies for achieving their goals.
- Analyze hotel performance data provided by Operations Analytics & Insight team to develop insights around potential solutions to hotel performance issues in the areas of guest experience and operations
- Develop hotel action plans specifying key next steps to drive guest experience and operational performance
- Communicate results of consulting session to FPS team and align on next-steps for follow-up
- Train hotels on brand and guest service behaviors/capabilities (guided by annual Quality Planning, tracking against Quality Metrics, etc.– deployed by FPS)
- Understand the results that stakeholders desire from various processes and provide insight into how efficiently and effectively those results can be achieved.
- Effectively comply with guidelines for all brand-specific and HR tools / programs, providing consultation to ensure effective program management in each assigned hotel. Assist GM and/or hotel leadership teams with implementation and ongoing support of brand-specific and HR initiatives.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Hotel Management, Human Resources, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 5 to 7 years progressive work-related experience.
- Experience in hotel operations (as GM, HRD, or other multi-unit hotel management) preferred, with demonstrated mastery of consulting and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the brand culture position.
- Group facilitation and consulting experience are highly desirable.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
- Demonstrated expertise in operations, product/quality, service, F&B and people tools/processes
- Able to coordinate with FPS to deliver support that is most needed
- Ability to interpret hotel performance data to reach actionable insights to drive performance
- Sufficient relationship-building/communications skills to develop trust with hotels to drive results
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and training skills. Ability to inspire others.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with effective follow-through and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, management and colleagues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training principles and procedures required in virtual and live classroom settings.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills required.
- Conflict management/resolution and negotiation/persuasion skills critical.
- Demonstrated effective facilitation skills and ability to lead group discussions for most effective results.
- Must be able to work effectively with GMs and leadership teams in assigned hotels, and possess strong relationship development/management skills. Conflict management/resolution and negotiation/persuasion skills critical.
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights)
- Effective consulting skills to assist hotels with highly specialized/technical guest experience and operations issues (e.g., product/quality, service, f&b, HR)
- Effective implementation and support of HR initiatives within assigned hotels.
- Determines needs, matching the hotels with the right tools, resources and/or IHG training programs based on assessment.
Internal Key Relationships
- Franchise Performance Support Team
- Regional Directors, General Managers, Director of Sales, Revenue Managers
- Operations Analytics & Insight Team
- Brand Delivery and Marketing Teams
External Key Relationships
- GM, hotel staff, hotel leadership and respective ownership representatives
This position will be based in a normal office or home office environment; however, extensive travel is required and while traveling this position will be expected to be completely proficient at working from hotels, airports/airplanes, remote offices and/or locations.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Baltimore, MD, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration