When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join Hotel Operations team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can lead a team of product owners who validate the tactical business, technical, and functional requirements through user stories, participate in all SCRUM meetings and accept/reject user stories based on the development team’s output. As a leader, the Product Manager develops team members using IHG’s people tools.
The Product Manager is a one stop shop or hub for driving all strategy, new development, and performance enhancements for a set of products. The Product Manager coordinates among tactical analysts, developers, and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for customers and stakeholders across multiple regions. The Product Manager will manage the beginning-to-end product lifecycle (from idea inception through development and launch), leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. They define product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline. The Product Manager owns the ‘roadmap’.
The Product Manager can look outward, understanding the end customer’s needs, and transforming those needs into product enhancements that are ready to be used by end-users. This person also looks inward, managing the value stream, marketing, and Go-to-Market efforts of our products. The Product Manager must be able to navigate IHG’s large global organization and manage stakeholders who are not only customers, but who also provide operational support. The Product Manager must set and manage priorities judiciously. The Product Manager will also help prioritize release scope and release dates, and monitor and report on progress.
On a day-to-day level, this person will elicit requirements and aggregate input from stakeholders and regional partners. The Product Manager understands the impact of user stories and acceptance criteria compared to system and technological constraints, and can prioritize user stories per their business value and technical effort. This person manages the strategy and communication of that strategy for products and projects. As Product Manager, you will provide functional and cross-functional leadership, and bridge organizational gaps between different functional groups, some of which are integration points into our products. The Product Manager is charged with communicating the voice of the customer and customer requirements, defines, and prioritizes those requirements, and works with the Global Technology team to deliver products to meet requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Product Manager, Revenue Management Systems is responsible for the following areas:
- Oversee day-to-day product management of Revenue Management applications/platforms including planning, requirements, schedule, budget, and problem resolution.
- Communicate updates to stakeholders, regional offices, and leadership.
- Drive the product development strategy and release plan for the product(s).
- Define, prioritize, and clarify requirements; work with others to understand use cases, features, business rules and overall product goals.
- Ensure product development budgets are spent in a way that maximizes IHG’s return on investment while minimizing business risk; determine the return/value of each product feature based on the cost to develop versus the forecasted revenue/benefit.
- Ensure that with all processes in place in development / maintenance include global requirements using Advisory Committees, Focus Groups, Requests for Information, and other communication.
- Financial responsibility for initiatives within direct responsibility, e.g. Maintenance, System Enhancements, Capital Projects
- Engage global and regional stakeholders on development initiatives and systems improvements to improve on-going system adoption and utilization.
- Maintain communication of improvements through avenues visible to senior leadership and end users.
- Oversee prioritization of revenue management systems and tools, considering severity, resources (both financial and people), and timing.
- Reporting and escalation of key issues impacting deliverables, financials, and personnel issues
- Lead efforts with all regions, brands, and stakeholders to gather requirements and drive consensus.
- Provide and catalog business requirements and all supporting documentation, such as scope documents, business justification, cost / benefits analysis. Prioritize business requirements and develop discrete work phases.
- Approve functional specifications, technical requirements, and detailed design, including such items as database changes, integration, messaging, etc. Oversee development efforts of the Global Technology area, and the coordination with other teams whose systems and/or processes may be impacted.
- Further refine existing processes to improve the user experiences, reduce cost and drive revenue.
- Advise key stakeholder teams of enhancements, bug fixes, and other revenue generating improvements that are being implemented. Assist with the implementation plans, documentation, training, and best practices for usage of the systems.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible