When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Finance team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who can manage credit card and check acceptance programs for owned and managed hotels. In particular, help to minimize chargebacks, credits without debits and fraudulent activity and establish best practice procedures to maximize cash flows and minimize costs of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and report risk exposure for guest payment (credit cards and check acceptance) activity on all Owned & Managed hotels to help minimize credit card chargebacks, credit without debits, and fraudulent activity, identifying key trends and risks for the operations and finance teams.
• Manage credit card and check performance to identify and implement cost reduction strategies to reduce acceptance fees, interchange fees, processing fees and fraudulent activity.
• Manage the merchant number acceptance process relating to credit card acceptance and check guarantee in order to control merchant number issuance.
• Manage and establish processes to manage cash flow payments and payment schedules from credit card associations and credit card processors to maximize cash flow and minimize effective rates and cash flow risk.
• Manage, define, formulate and analyze hotel performance related to credit card acceptance to minimize costs and risk.
• Concluding each project, recommend to management appropriate action to address issues raised. Facilitate control improvements by the use of factually correct reports, clearly stated points, industry best practices, appropriate and practical recommendations, and quantification of the benefits of recommendations.
• Will be the day to day contact for all vendors and hotels associated with credit card and check guarantee operations and for all Owned and Managed hotels.
• Monitor developments in industry best practices identify changes in regulations, laws, trends and technology affecting credit card and check acceptance and inform the business of any such changes and advice on actions required.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible