Recommend a friend - Band 6 USD
Do you see yourself as an Manager, Sales and Marketing?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Provide hands-on sales, marketing, and channel strategy consultation to owners, management companies, hotel Director of Sales, and General Managers for all IHG brands in franchised hotels when deployed by Franchise Performance Support (FPS) or as the need is identified by Operations Analytics & Insight or other groups at IHG. Develop strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. Work with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources. Provide guidance on the appropriate segmentation mix to maximize revenue potential. Identify areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize performance of sales team. Assist in identifying target account and potential for each hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Collaborate with FPS to guarantee a unified and seamless process to hotels and clients. Partner with Franchise Revenue team on sales and revenue strategy.
- Develop relationships with key counterparts in category 1 management companies.
- Diagnose root cause of issues at hotel(s), prioritize information and create specific action plans based on data analyses to deliver incremental revenue and improve market share.
- Analyze and interpret market research data, identify gaps in performance to determine hotel (s) strengths and weakness relative to its competitors.
- Based on hotel assessment determine appropriate consultation with key stakeholders, management companies, and/or hotels (including GM and Director of Sales), either over the phone or through an in person visit.
- Develop tactical and strategic sales and marketing plans with the hotel, owner, and/or management company designed to maximize hotel revenues from local, regional, and national markets, to drive hotel-level sales performance, and market share position.
- Assess the current deployment of the sales organization to ensure the team is deployed and aligned with segmentation mix and goals are set accordingly to maximize revenue segmentation strategies.
- Identify potential clients and assist the local sales team in developing account penetration plan.
- Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Review IHG training and tools to improve IHG sales processes that drive performance, improve sales and marketing efficiency and build a stronger sales culture.
- Consult with the local sales team on best practices, IHG sales tools, and brand information to enhance the sales process and penetrate specific market segments and key accounts.
- Assess current channel strategy and consult with hotels on necessary actions to drive revenue through channel optimization.
- Advise on future channel strategy to maximize conversion (e.g., web content, photos, channel-based pricing packages)
- Develop S.M.A.R.T. action plans with hotels and document in appropriate IHG reporting tool.
- Communicate with FPS and other key internal stakeholders regarding next steps for hotel, owner, and/or management company to execute action plan.
- Job type
- United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration