Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Provide hands-on sales, marketing, and channel strategy consultation to owners, management companies, hotel Director of Sales, and General Managers for all IHG brands in franchised hotels when deployed by Franchise Performance Support (FPS) or as the need is identified by Operations Analytics & Insight or other groups at IHG. Develop strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. Work with individual hotel teams to identify skill development areas and properly deploy sales and marketing resources. Provide guidance on the appropriate segmentation mix to maximize revenue potential. Identify areas of opportunity in performance and recommend tools and sales training to optimize performance of sales team. Assist in identifying target account and potential for each hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with FPS to guarantee a unified and seamless process to hotels and clients. Partner with Franchise Revenue team on sales and revenue strategy.
- Develop relationships with key counterparts in category 1 management companies.
- Diagnose root cause of issues at hotel(s), prioritize information and create specific action plans based on data analyses to deliver incremental revenue and improve market share.
- Analyze and interpret market research data, identify gaps in performance to determine hotel (s) strengths and weakness relative to its competitors.
- Based on hotel assessment determine appropriate consultation with key stakeholders, management companies, and/or hotels (including GM and Director of Sales), either over the phone or through an in person visit.
- Develop tactical and strategic sales and marketing plans with the hotel, owner, and/or management company designed to maximize hotel revenues from local, regional, and national markets, to drive hotel-level sales performance, and market share position.
- Assess the current deployment of the sales organization to ensure the team is deployed and aligned with segmentation mix and goals are set accordingly to maximize revenue segmentation strategies.
- Identify potential clients and assist the local sales team in developing account penetration plan.
- Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
- Review IHG training and tools to improve IHG sales processes that drive performance, improve sales and marketing efficiency and build a stronger sales culture.
- Consult with the local sales team on best practices, IHG sales tools, and brand information to enhance the sales process and penetrate specific market segments and key accounts.
- Assess current channel strategy and consult with hotels on necessary actions to drive revenue through channel optimization.
- Advise on future channel strategy to maximize conversion (e.g., web content, photos, channel-based pricing packages)
- Develop S.M.A.R.T. action plans with hotels and document in appropriate IHG reporting tool.
- Communicate with FPS and other key internal stakeholders regarding next steps for hotel, owner, and/or management company to execute action plan.
Education – Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Hotel Management, Business, or a relevant field of work is preferred. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience in hotel operations.
Experience – 8 years progressive work-related experience, with at least 5 years in hotel operations management or relevant sales and marketing which includes the development of the development and execution of tactical sales programs (business plans) and regional or multi-hotel corporate experience a plus.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated ability to adapt consultation based on the complexity of the hotel, from limited service to full service and extended-stay products
- Ability to quickly build trusted relationships with owners, hotels, and internal IHG stakeholders in a limited amount of time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and sales principles, including channel strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret hotel performance data, and diagnose root causes of issues and develop action plans tailored to individual hotel/account needs that drive incremental revenue and market share.
- Demonstrated ability to understand competition in a market and identify gaps in hotel’s performance to competitors and execute a strategy to drive performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of hotel’s business mix and the ability to develop segmentation strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of daily/weekly/monthly/seasonal demands, booking patterns and pricing.
- Ability to identify demand generators.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and assist in development of business travel strategy and execution of the RFP process to improve revenue performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret data from resources and systems that provide insight on business travel accounts and travel agencies at top producing hotels in market.
- Demonstrated experience in working with hotels individually to develop account plans to increase share of business.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy for properties in various market situations, such as depressed market, new hotel development, and maintaining markets.
- Demonstrated understanding of booking channels; WEB, GDS, CRO and OTA and booking process and able to interpret report and action on channel strategy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel operations.
- Ability to influence hotel leadership and owners to improve hotel performance.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, including ability to lead difficult conversations, manage resistance, and consult with hotels in a virtual or in-person/live setting.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
LOCATION: Must reside in GA, TN, AL or SC; GA preferred.
TRAVEL: Up to 30%
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible