When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Global Sales and Marketing team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who is responsible for an account portfolio to maximize and drive revenues and market share to IHG brands. Key to this role is creating, evolving, and driving relationships and networks with the accounts in their portfolio and to assess and evolve strategies as necessary to increase conversion and revenues.
This role requires the building of a working culture to support the IHG Winning Ways of Doing the Right Thing, Show We Care, Aim Higher, Celebrate Difference and Work Better Together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and develop portfolio of accounts to maximize market share and revenues;
• Assess accounts and their opportunities, thus create account plans as per the IHG template and execute strategies and tactics to drive revenue and market share
• Network within the accounts to find those key decision makers, their support staff and other relationship opportunities
• Conduct or participate in client meetings as well as plan and coordinate familiarization tours and site inspections
• Handle and manage clients’ queries or issues
• Gather information on current and prospective clients / contacts to generate incremental business
• Conduct or participate in prospective clients’ interviews
• Keep an accurate record of all sales calls made for future reference and control purposes in the sales system
• Ensure accurate Account Profiles and Account planning are undertaken at least annually with such templates completed and posted to appropriate communication channels and sales systems, i.e. complete annual SSRP’s as set out by InterContinental Hotels & Resorts regional sales policy
• Work with the appropriate Hotels to ensure clear communication of expectations and goals. For each account as appropriate develop a network of support at key hotels ensuring close working relationships with hotel management and sales staff
• Ensure accurate and timely updating of the provided Sales System (i.e. IHG Javelin)
• Ensure tracking of all relevant activities
• Update Account and Contact profiles, attach Account plans, ensure ‘live’ information for action
• Use both account interaction and publicly available tools to monitor competitors'' activities as it relates to both IHG and the portfolio of accounts and share relevant information with key stakeholders in line with the IHG counsel
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Negotiate and complete RFP’s and tenders
• Maintain effective control of sales expenses
Attends meetings as required
• Exercises flexibility to perform other duties as required
• Assist with familiarizations and entertaining as required
• Act as a resource for all on property hotel staff
• Provides feedback to management on changing market conditions, including trends in competition.
• Be proactive and responsible for the follow up on new sales leads
• Include hotel General Managers and sales staff where appropriate on sales call
• Develop a thorough understanding of all processes and system’s utilized by Property/Cluster/National Sales, as directed by the Manager, Travel Partner Strategy, to include but not restricted to Delphi, I-Know Reporting, Ezy-Message, Meeting Broker, I-RFP, and Sales Source
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible