Manager, Upscale F&B
Based at Corporate Head Quarters (UB9 5HR)
Do you have operational experience in Food & Beverage (F&B)? Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced, environment? Do you have a passion innovation and creation?
If the answers are yes, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our Global Marketing team based in Denham. Reporting into the Director Global Upscale F&B Solutions you develop and implement all areas of innovation, development and support for the Concept Programs in Food and Beverage (F&B) for an assigned region
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering employees the ‘Room to be involved’.
● Evaluate F&B concepts in terms of brand fit, profitability, and competitor advantage/disadvantage for assigned region Make recommendations for improvements to profitability, service, advantage versus competitors and customer satisfaction. Execute agreed recommendations across the relevant system.
● Develop an impactful channel of communication with the pertinent properties. Maintain and update performance documentation as necessary.
● Ensure refinements and improvements in each concept addressing consumer preferences and understanding the “brand fit” and defining the path to profitability.
● Develop meeting, banquet and catering menus that are consistent with brand position, limited service staffing targets and varying property configurations within assigned region. Engage food product and equipment vendors to assist.
● Responsible for all local F&B documentation and training protocols. Establish the process for delivering initial and on-going training/support for participating propertiesand regular reporting.
● Develop recipes and associated preparation instructions for brand relevant menu items to be rotated quarterly in conjunction with brand directed seasonal renewal.
● Work with IHG design department and outside vendors when necessary.
● Provide input in the development of hotel food & beverage up selling and training programs within assigned region. May teach practical problem solving techniques such as, but not limited to, suggesting premium brands or larger sizes, and techniques on up-selling or promotion of specific menu items.
● Develop exceptional communications and relationships with the participating properties within the region
• BS/BA in Hotel Administration or relevant discipline preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we’re looking for:
You will have experience of restaurant management or hotel food and beverage operations within a chain, as well as branding experience (5-10 years).
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to understand, develop, and teach fundamental Food & Beverage concepts such as Menu, Engineering and Theoretical Food Cost Analysis. Similarly, you will have experience in developing and costing menus and labour schedules. You will also understand profit and loss statements, with the ability to read and analyse an F&B P&L statement.
Ideally, you will have strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to internal and external clients, vendors, senior management and staff. You will also be required to exhibit consultative or persuasive communication skills to effectively handle compliance issues or program issues with franchisees.
You will have deep knowledge of local health and safety regulations as they relate to the F&B operation in franchised hotels
Benefits at IHG:
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us. You’ll receive a competitive salary, hotel discounts worldwide and have chance to work with a great set of people.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
But above all, we understand the importance to give you Room to be Yourself
So, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible