Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
From the Atlanta corporate office, work with the Director of Development & Relationship Marketing on development marketing strategies and programs focused on the business needs of IHG, the Brand and Development teams, and IHG Owners and Franchisees. Serve as champion and guardian of development related marketing content and initiatives to strengthen IHG’s development positioning and Americas distribution objectives. Translate IHG enterprise offering into relevant development marketing messaging, drive awareness of IHG franchise offering, build relationships with franchisees, prospects and influencers, and provide relevant sales tools and materials to support the development process. Ensure that franchise and business development marketing programs are operationally feasible and continuously evolving and improving based on business needs. Lead a team to execute IHG development marketing initiatives according to plan and budgets.
- Lead assigned team within established budgetary and staffing plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures. Participate in creation of department staffing and marketing budgets. Maintain and monitor marketing spend against budget, ensuring the continual maximization of working dollars spent against major Development priorities.
- Manage the launch of strategic company initiatives to the development audience including new brand launches. Create marketing and sales tools, targeted campaigns, and events to build awareness.
- Manage the development, communication, and implementation of an annual development marketing plan which builds into the overall franchise and business development strategy.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a suite of development marketing tools designed for an investor audience to support IHG growth objectives. Materials include collateral, interactive presentations, photo books, trade advertising, and the development website.
- Work with Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications to link Development’s activities with brand-specific programs that drive awareness and distribution within the hospitality investment community. Initiate and build cross-departmental or divisional strategies as well as coordinate activities with counterparts in other regions when applicable.
- Manage assigned initiatives for all relevant competitive activity across all elements of the marketing mix and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Manage digital communications channels and strategies for the Development team including the business development website, marketing portal, applications, lead routing and nurture campaigns.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, onboard, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Travel up to 15% of the time
Education: Bachelor''s or Master''s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Experience: 6 - 10 years progressive work-related experience in B2B marketing, communications, advertising with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes including experience building marketing and communication plans and/or strategies. Hospitality experience a plus. Leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale marketing projects from conception through implementation. Proven track record of delivering results on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing a marketing program budget and in effectively allocating budget resources to maximize impact.
- Demonstrated knowledge of B2B marketing principles, new product launches, and strategic planning process.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for providing information to owners, vendors, senior management and staff. Ability to develop and present data-driven recommendations, promote items persuasively, and shape the opinions of others.
- Proven ability to manage internal stakeholders and external vendors and agencies to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and creative thinking skills as evidenced by prior experience.
- Proactive approach to overcome obstacles and push projects forward to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.
- Understanding of Business to Business marketing and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret research data on client preferences and market trends.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multi-channel marketing plan with many projects occurring simultaneously with a deadline driven focus.
- Ability to lead a team of direct and/or indirect reports to execute company initiatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Graphic design experience with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- P&L experience a plus
- MS Office knowledge.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract