Operational Risk Manager EMEAA (West) – BRR Hotel Operations & Compliance Team
Based in Corporate Head Quarters in Denham (UB9 5HR)
We have a purpose to create Great Hotels Guest Love through delivering our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
We know there’s no one quite like you, your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are and that’s what we want at IHG.
BRR Hotel Operations & Compliance Team are searching for a pro-active Operational Risk Manager EMEAA (West) to join their team. You’ll be working alongside a fantastic team and join one of the biggest hotel companies in the world at our beautiful Head Quarters in Denham!
Does this sound interesting? If so, read on!
Who are we?
You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands! IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
You’ll be supporting the definition and enhancement of a coherent risk management and internal control system within Operations and the wider ‘Hotel Lifecycle’, influencing culture, process and monitoring and reporting.
The role is accountable for developing a proactive culture in Operations in respect of key Risk & Assurance priorities. You will also conduct risk management audits of hotels in order to evaluate risks and/or improve loss experience across the estate;
You will also be responsible for measurement and tracking of operational risk management performance, including communication to EMEAA West management where required.
• Building on the foundations of the safety-based risk management system, extend the scope of "risk management" to other areas including, but not limited to, ethics and compliance, financial governance and other areas within scope of the IHG Code of Conduct;
• Conduct Risk Management audits of hotels in order to evaluate risks and/or improve loss experience across the estate;
• Provide Risk & Assurance support to Operations-related cross functional ‘crises’ teams;
• Working as part of ‘Safe Hotels Group’ in order to prioritise Risk & Assurance activities;
• Working with Operational Risk team in EMEAA (East), establish a clear and consistent approach towards Operational Risk Management in the whole Region;
• University degree (or equivalent relevant work experience).
• Recognised technical qualifications in the areas of either safety (eg, NEBOSH accredited) or assurance.
What we’re looking for:
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a risk management/assurance field role. Similarly, you will understand audit and compliance, including internal control systems, associated processes and IT systems.
The successful candidate will have experience in life safety management systems, as well as key knowledge of incident and crisis management and business continuity management.
You will have excellent verbal and written and communication skills, highlighting good attention to detail. Similarly, you will understand the importance of collaborating and working as a part of a team and being a central key player. You will also be resourceful and have the ability to build and leverage networks. However, you will be proactive and be able to work independently and make informed decisions.
Why work for IHG?
At IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which will include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible