Privacy and Compliance Manager – Governance and Compliance Team
Based in Corporate Head Quarters in Denham (UB9 5HR)
We have a purpose to create Great Hotels Guest Love through delivering our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
We know there’s no one quite like you, your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are and that’s what we want at IHG.
The Governance and Compliance Team are searching for a pro-active Privacy and Compliance Manager to join their team. You’ll be working alongside a fantastic team and join one of the biggest hotel companies in the world at our beautiful Head Quarters in Denham!
Does this sound interesting? If so, read on!
Who are we?
You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands! IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our People and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
You will drive awareness of the data protection culture across IHG. Similarly, you will be assisting with the development and management of the IHG Privacy Programme and other regulatory compliance areas.
The successful candidate will be managing policy documentation and resources such as the IHG Handling Personal Data Policy and data protection process documentation. As well as managing privacy and compliance queries from internal and external stakeholders.
You will also be providing support on a wide range of privacy and compliance matters (including Code of Conduct and other global policy areas)
• Coordinate and track the IHG privacy impact assessment process and assist with privacy assessments
• Managing subject access requests including channelling requests to correct internal parties and tracking progress
• Assist with development of training and awareness content for data privacy
• Research on data protection and other compliance areas including benchmarking and identifying trends
• Assist with data protection contract reviews
• Collate and analyse data to monitor and measure data protection compliance
• Produce data protection reporting for internal and external use
• Managing Privacy Office inboxes and assist with responding to queries from guests, colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders
• University degree (or equivalent relevant work experience)
• Languages would be an advantage but not essential
What we’re looking for:
You will have 4 years progressive work related experience in data protection, compliance, legal, paralegal or a transferrable area.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, highlighting a good eye for detail. Similarly, you will have the ability to collate, spot trends, monitor and report data. You will have good research skills and be confident to work independently. A data protection certification would be desirable but is not essential.
Why work for IHG?
At IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which will include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible