Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
For this vital role, were looking for someone who will be responsible for transition products from pilot/early adopter phase into fully scalable products within our digital product category. The product manager collaborates and coordinates among product strategy, business stakeholders, analysts, developers, and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for hotels and guests across our digital touchpoints. The product manager will own the lifecycle management, leveraging designers, usability specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. They define product needs via a roadmap of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline and monitor product performance for identification of new features and functions in order to meet performance metrics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the product strategy team in defining product strategy: Incorporate deep understanding of customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities to define product strategy. This will manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including new features and functionality, small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
- Accountable for product line Key Performance Indicators such as revenue, utilization and guest satisfaction.
- Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities.
- Drive new digital product development – support the creation of sound business cases around all new products based on needs assessment and projected feasibility. Incorporate a user/customer centric approach to all development efforts. Engage appropriate product support teams and developers early in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products.
- Monitor the changing competitive landscape of digital experiences to identify relevant market solutions, site and native app features and consumer research needs
- Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
- Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles. Communicate product performance to senior management
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
4 to 5 years progressive work-related experience, including 3 years experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of the digital user experience across multiple channels (mobile web, kiosk etc) and variances within international markets
- Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of web and mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, and other the operating systems of such platforms
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
- Strong understanding of the use of underlying content platforms and technologies such that are used in the definition on new product solutions..
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
- Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and SCRUM practices as well as Agile tools such as Jira or Rally.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) required.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required.
- Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation.
- Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
- Graduate coursework or degree a plus.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible