Project Manager - Procurement
Based at Corporate Head Quarters (UB9 5HR)
Are you an experienced project manager? Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced, global environment? Have you managed transformation projects in the past?
If the answers are yes, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our Procurement and Cost Efficiency (PaCE) Governance, Process and Planning team based in Denham. Reporting into the Head of Governance Process & Planning you will manage projects across PaCE to achieve project objectives to the expected performance targets of time, costs, quality, scope, benefits and risk.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering employees the ‘Room to be involved’.
• Initially (first 6 months) provide project management leadership to support the operating model transition within the Procurement and Cost Efficiency (PaCE) function
• Transformation project management will involve partnering with senior leadership within the function to deliver and embed the transformation in accordance with the plan, ensuring key milestones are met and any risks are managed / mitigated
• Build a robust project plan to support the transformation as well as a strong change management plan to ensure the transformation is embedded and new ways of working become the norm
• In addition to, and following the successful Transformation, provide leadership of project management across the function to enable the successful delivery of strategic initiatives
• Oversee and execute the delivery of high profile projects from initiation to closure, taking responsibility for the key project management elements in the end to end project lifecycle
• For the life of the project, ensure that it is supported by the appropriate organisational and governance structure and has the correct resources in place to deliver to the agreed milestones
• Ensure correct procedures are followed to manage all risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies associated with projects
• Research and embed best practice for project management as appropriate, providing continuous improvement to the way in which the function works
• Work in close collaboration with Planning to develop and maintain effective project communication channels across the function and out to key stakeholders
• Act as a centre of excellence for all project delivery across PaCE
• Support the development of the function’s 3-year integrated plan
• Partner with the Planning Manager at key project intake and review meetings where required
What we’re looking for:
You will have experience of managing Transformation projects, ideally within a Procurement function and extensive experience (3 years) of delivering projects in a formal project manager role. You will have an excellent understanding of project management methodologies and preferably hold a formal qualification such as PRINCE2 or PMP.
In addition, you will have a working knowledge and understanding of the end to end procurement and sourcing process and have experience building, managing and influencing diverse relationships across a business.
You will have excellent problem solving skills and be able to construct solutions to complex issues and make recommendations to mitigate and manage any risks associated with project delivery.
You will have a flexible approach to change, with a positive attitude to fluctuating workload and the ability to work confidently at all levels throughout a business.
Benefits at IHG:
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us. You’ll receive a competitive salary, hotel discounts worldwide and have chance to work with a great set of people.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
But above all, we understand the importance to give you Room to be Yourself
So, what are you waiting for? Apply Now!
- Job type
- Denham, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible