When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. If you’re anything like Isabella you’re a music lover and an avid soccer player too. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are.
Join the Brand Architecture & Design team at IHG and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
What you will need is ambition, talent and some key skills. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who will manage the Property Improvement Plans (PIP), Plan Review and Construction Management (CPM) process and documentation for assigned IHG brands. Manage a team of assigned Regional Managers throughout the Americas, who are responsible for deploying the PIP, Plan Review or Construction Management process to applicable hotels, consulting with hotel management on construction and property improvements, and documenting hotel performance vs. their individual plan. Review correspondence from staff to franchisees, render decisions on milestone extensions and other requests of franchisees, monitor and control the schedules of property visits, Monitor plan submittal queue and design direction, and train new Regional Managers. Enforce standards with franchisees and serve as first level of appeal above the Regional Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Implement and manage the PIP, Plan Review and CPM processes to ensure that hotel evaluations, documentation and reports are completed in a consistent, timely, cost-effective, and professional manner. Review all project documentation for accuracy and compliance for all brands in assigned region. Ensure project reviews and reports are written to address market position, brand standards, guest satisfaction feedback and Company Tier Guidelines (regulations for levels of service in franchise hotels) in order to facilitate compliance from franchisees. Coordinate and resolve any discrepancy with managers prior to sending to applicant.
- Design, implement and maintain processes to ensure that evaluations and reports are completed in a consistent, timely, cost-effective, and professional manner. Prepare and issue employee communications, in written or oral form, relative to new or changed policies and procedures, department objectives, or standards. Plan and conduct a minimum of two yearly training events to ensure on-going consistency of the A D department.
- Proactively work with IHG Development team and ownership prior to presenting a deal to Franchise Approval Committee (FAC) working through scope of work, design issues, and renovation timelines to better improve success rate for FAC approval and License execution for new build and PIP conversions. Attend Franchise Approval Committee meetings as needed to provide PIP and general construction information to senior management regarding properties under review.
- Attend Franchise Compliance Committee meetings as needed to provide information regarding properties in default status or requiring extensions to project milestones.
- Lead the enforcement of SRD program, Brand Design Philosophy, and Brand Standard compliance through the management of the processes and documentation.
- Manage the renovations awards program nominiations for the annual IHG process.
- Responsible to make sure that all design, construction, and renovation milestones are monitored on a pro-active basis and that the team is providing information to the NHOP, A D peers, Quality, Owner Relations, Development, TAM, and FPS teams as needed to speed openings or enforcement.
- Track all ongoing plans, and prepare written reports and/or summaries for management as needed using required A D systems.
- Operate the unit within budgetary parameters.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classifications changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems. Train new consultants as needed. Travel with direct reports at least twice a year for consistency checking and personal development planning.
- Manage or participate in special projects as needed.
- Attend IHG and Industry events to represent the assigned brands.
- Travel up to 50%
- Job type
- United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible