Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
The Administrator IT Database Administration is tasked with solving difficult and moderately complex problems. The Sr Administrator IT Database Administration functions in a functional advisory capacity. The Sr Administrator IT Database Administration is a senior individual contributor who may contribute to the development of other junior level professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the planning, architecture, design, implementation, standards creation, maintenance, and support of databases on a variety of platforms within a complex systems environment
- Provide backup for operations manager.
- Performs advanced data analysis, database planning and database coding to develop database environments that meet customer needs.
- Provide technical directions for operations and SME.
- Validate KPI and CSL numbers with supplier.
- Supervise supplier and ensure tickets are getting closed with proper resolution
- Ensure proper KT between build and operations team and also between onshore and offshore staff.
- Establish regular database maintenance practices and security practices
- Responsible for database change management and oversee problem management
- Responsible for enhancements to standards document and change management policies while promoting code deployment.
- Leads operational support for database systems and participates in bridge calls.
- Responsible for building complex and efficient database environments to maximize productivity and improve performance to include reorganization of database structures as needed, procedures automation at regular intervals, use of tools to reorganize or de-fragment database table spaces, tables, and indexes
- Leads production testing and QA database environments. This includes providing data load programming, creating necessary utility functions for each data base, system testing and developing an implementation plan.
- Responsible for designing replication and DR solutions and participate in DR activities.
- Publish dashboards to provide database performance metrics to stakeholders.
- Fully responsible for database backup strategy and support of backup devices
Bachelor''s in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Typically a minimum of 10 years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle database or other relational database systems like SQLServer or Teradata, physical design, and SQL tuning, cluster builds, replication, backup, and recovery.
- Advanced level in troubleshooting database performance and outage issues.
- Advanced knowledge of database design and related architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts/design/deployment, recovery techniques, performance monitoring, tuning and capacity management.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including programming and ways to optimize SQL code.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn other database technologies including MySQL, Amazon Aurora, GoldenGate, Exadata, bigdata technologies, Hadoop and non-relational database technologies.
- Advanced project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Ability to mentor teams, share knowledge, and mentor junior database staff.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract