Do you see yourself as a Senior Consultant Operations Support / New Hotel Opening?
What''s your passion? Whether you''re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we''re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we''re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Under general supervision of the Manager, New Hotel Support, coordinate and report on aspects of activities and resources within the Operations Group for all new hotels entering the Americas Region. Provide consultation and customer service support to ownership and management of hotels in a pre-determined territory within the Americas Region. Conduct touchpoint calls and field incoming calls to answer questions or provide information regarding brand initiatives, hotel standards and operations, rate and inventory management, and service and quality planning. Place outbound calls and perform virtual consulting sessions with owners to assist in market positioning and preparing their hotel for placement on revenue channels. Take accountability for initiating license agreement addendums, license defaults, and/or license terminations based on development progress of pipeline hotels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
● Maintain and update the Hotel Opening Manager (HOM) system as system of record for Americas Pipeline information.
● Contact and consult with hotel owners, operators and hotel management company staff of both franchised and company owned/managed properties on specific revenue opportunities by way of scheduled telephone touchpoints. Consult on strategic positioning of hotel in all areas and disciplines as it competes in the market.
● Develop rapport with hotel owners and serve as a resource to provide information and refer to appropriate specialty areas for service.
● Answer inbound inquiries and requests from the hotel community on a variety of initiatives and standards including, but not limited to: new programs and promotions; hotel operations; and rate and inventory management services within the pre-opening arena.
● Initiate discussions with Owners and Principle Correspondents regarding license actions including license addendums, license defaults and/or license terminations based on ability to meet contractual dates of plan review, construction commencement and opening.
● Act as the primary liaison between the Hotel Opening Manager and all related internal personnel (i.e. Franchise Sales, Field Services, Property Improvement Consultants, Quality Consultants, Sales Development Regional Directors, IT, HSS, etc.) to ensure a consistent line of communication during the opening process. Provide phone consultation throughout the New Hotel Opening Process, answering questions and coordinating details and consulting with Principle Correspondents as needed.
● Establish contact with owners and/or new hotel opening project managers to familiarize them with the opening process upon license execution.
● Convey opening day activities to key hotel management staff to ensure hotel staff are adequately trained, systems are utilized effectively, and hotels are operating according to standards and best practices. Assist in responding to or resolving internal and external inquiries regarding problems, complaints, and/or general information related to new hotel openings, as needed.
● Answer escalated inquiries related to daily opening activities and act as a liaison between assigned work area and internal or external contacts to convey appropriate information. Compose clear and concise correspondence as requested or required. May review, track data from, complete and/or monitor staff itineraries, calendars, departmental expenses, or other functional reports as needed.
● Develop and execute procedures for New Hotel Opening date parameters for all new hotels. Maintain HOM for tracking activities for purposes of ensuring all is complete and submitted in a timely manner. Generate and analyze weekly/monthly reports to assess HOM activities and the areas of opportunity, concern, etc. Monitor, identify, and implement needed changes to existing tactical and strategic critical paths.
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible