Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
The Sr Engineer IT Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for the design, engineering, implementation, deployment, documentation, testing, and ongoing capacity planning of infrastructure solutions, such as hardware, software, and systems configuration solutions. The Sr Engineer IT Infrastructure Engineering is a seasoned individual contributor on one or more project/work teams with expert knowledge of job area. The Sr Engineer IT Infrastructure Engineering guides, directs and/or trains to junior level professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates the impact of proposed or required changes which may be highly complex in nature (internally and by vendors) especially in the areas of hardware, software, performance, maintenance and cost; provide recommendations to management with an impact assessment.
- Responsible for solution documentation in support of operational readiness, may include training, process development and explanation of standards.
- Responsible for setting standards for hardware, software and configuration management.
- Contributes to proofs of concept for technology solutions.
- Serves as an escalation point for operations (Tier 3 support) for highly complex solution resolution, and responsible for root cause analysis (may involve on call rotation).
Education Bachelor''s or Master''s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Experience Typically a minimum of 7 years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in the implementation and maintenance of global integrated infrastructure solutions.
- Understanding of project management lifecycle from conception through implementation.
- Relevant proficiency and technical knowledge of Operating Systems/Applications infrastructure technologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency and technical knowledge of infrastructure technology communications/protocols –TCP/IP and other relevant protocols.
- Demonstrated proficiency with relevant programming / scripting and source code management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with command line and interactive shells.
- Demonstrated proficiency with application and network monitoring / visualization tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical and problem solving skills with ability to correlate cross-platform technologies.
- Experience with the software development life cycle from conception through implementation.
- Container Technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Virtualization (e.g. VMware vSphere, KVM)
- Operating Systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, IOS)
- Systems/Storage (e.g. Cisco UCS, EMC VNX)
- Converged/Hyper-converged infrastructure (e.g. VCE vBlock, Nutanix)
- Cisco routing/switching
- Orchestration / Automation Experience (e.g. DevOps and Agile practices)
- Configuration management (e.g. Chef)
- Load Balance Technologies (e.g. F5)
- ELK (Elastic) log management
- Voice technologies (e.g. Genesys, IVR, CTI integration, Chat and automated response)
- Call recording platforms (e.g. Verint)
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Alpharetta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract