Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
This position is responsible for the implementation of the Company’s performance and talent management/ development agenda for corporate functions across the Americas Region, Global Marketing and Global Commercial & Technology. Accountabilities include input to IHG’s global talent strategy, regional plan development, design and delivery of talent and career initiatives, processes and practices across the geography that facilitate and embed a strong development culture. This role acts as a change agent, creating strong partnerships with senior business and HR leadership to enable development for all, differentiation of top talent, and a strong talent pipeline and line management effectiveness.
- Lead design of multi-year regional talent plans and programs, shaping and collaborating with Global Talent and HR Business Partners (HRBPs).
- Support HRBPs to manage the performance and talent cycle for Americas Corporate, Global Marketing and Commercial & Technology with responsibility for the progression and delivery of agreed actions.
- Manage the development, implementation and facilitation of regional/ global talent pools as appropriate, working with HRBPs to strengthen the build plans for critical roles; ensures strong development plans and accelerated pathways for key talent.
- Partner with HRBP community to shape regional/ functional talent strategies, applying workforce planning, external talent data and internal succession/ talent pool insights to inform build/ buy plans.
- Contribute to global projects as agreed with HR Leadership Team and Global Talent, e.g., building framework for how we develop talent pipelines and career propositions.
- Support the development and implementation of global and regional corporate learning and leadership initiatives, e.g., accelerated development programs, learning bites and summits, corporate early careers talent programs.
- Provide thought leadership and support capability building of our business leaders, HRBPs and other Centers of Excellence, leveraging internal and external data, analytics, insights and trends to facilitate progressive ideas and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with other internal partners (Talent Acquisition, Corporate Communications, Rewards, HRIS, HR Analytics) ensuring integrated, proactive project and communications plans for seamless execution.
- Produce a client-based talent & performance dashboard(s) to track progress and celebrate successes; share with key stakeholders as appropriate.
Key Success Measures:
- Strength of Americas Corporate and Global Marketing/ Commercial & Technology talent plans (succession plans/ pools, internal talent supply) related to attracting, building and developing an internal/ external talent pipeline
- Global Talent & Performance processes delivered on time to high quality including utilization of global talent and performance tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 5 or more years’ business experience, preferably Talent Management, HR Generalist or related experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully owning large scale projects, programs or initiatives across a matrix organization.
- Effective demonstration of senior leadership interface.
Critical Expertise & Experience:
- Experience in talent management/ development role and/or experience as a HRBP in designing and delivering talent solutions
- Sound understanding of talent and performance frameworks and which levers to pull to strengthen talent pipeline
- Role model for ‘Build One Team’ mindset – be a strong relationship builder able to collaborate and influence
- Analytical mindset – actively uses data to form insights and spot opportunities
- Practical outlook – high standards but has a strong 80/20 mindset, and can deliver at pace
- Ability to simplify the complex – in presentation/ articulation of an idea on paper or in a meeting
- Strong coach – able to share feedback and insights – not afraid to talk straight/ transparently
- Agile meeting facilitation skills; able to effectively address questions, manage in-room dynamics, and challenge perspectives at all levels of the organization with expertise and grace
- Hunger to continuously learn and understands best practice, latest thinking and builds networks externally
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Job type
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract